ENG v GER

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Not good enough you have to play for 90 mins not 10 mins irrespective yes he made and scored but what else? Nothing is it a luxury we can afford?
That literally makes no sense. i agree he's not at the races at the moment and was hoping he would be subbed during the game. But if (as you acknowledge) he has helped to create 1 goal and scored 1 goal in a game we won 2-0 then I would say "yes, I think that is a luxury we can afford"!

Anyway, it’s fine to be cagey against decent teams and it worked, it’s not all about entertaining the folks at home though a bit of that would have gone down well against the Czechs.

I don't want to be a grouch playing down the importance of today's result - because apart from anything else, England were playing with all the weight of recent history on their shoulders.......

......but I actually think that the Czechs may be a better side than Germany this year. They're more organised, have fewer old men and slowcoaches, and a much better striker.

And I definitely think that Denmark are better than both of them. They're capable of playing some really nice stuff.

England have to make damn sure they don't start dreaming of the final yet. There's still a lot of work to get there, and we'll need two more performances at least as good as today's.

He scored and the team won.
It’s still 90 mins er game, it’s a team game if he isn’t performing for 89 mins then he’s being carried, yes he may have scored a good goal and be also part of the other goal but he need a to do more.

It was nice and refreshing to see a lot more forward passes, and there was a bit more intensity out there, and pride. A few mistakes along the way, but the first goal for a Sterling was a well worked goal, but the Thomas Muller miss OMG, that will probably haunt him forever. I honestly thought that was the moment we went to 1-1. Unbelievable miss from him.

Then a big sigh of relief when Kane heads in the second.

All in all a much better performance, and looking ahead. What a great chance to reach a major final. A very favourable draw to the final, but it’s up to the lads to grab it with both hands.

It’s still 90 mins er game, it’s a team game if he isn’t performing for 89 mins then he’s being carried, yes he may have scored a good goal and be also part of the other goal but he need a to do more.
How much does Matt Taylor do? He can be pretty invisible but his job is to score goals. Kane does look sluggish though, like he’s not been well.

For 75 minutes it was turgid.................. at 1-0 it was edgy........ Mullers miss turns the game if he scores............ fine margins and all that.

Ok, Kane scored, what else did he do, NOTHING, world class,worse player on the pitch. Hear Sutton United need a striker, he may make there bench.
Sterling and Saka and good saves by Pickering as well as a bad miss by Muller Got them through.
Is that the Pickering who played for Blackburn?

That literally makes no sense. i agree he's not at the races at the moment and was hoping he would be subbed during the game. But if (as you acknowledge) he has helped to create 1 goal and scored 1 goal in a game we won 2-0 then I would say "yes, I think that is a luxury we can afford"!
Would be nice but the teams we are facing are getting better and it’s not a luxury we can afford

If my maths is correct, if you take all of England's wins in major tournament knockout stages since 1966.....Gareth Southgate is now responsible for a third of them!
(along with three for Bobby Robson, two for Sven Gordon, and one for El Tel)

Maybe we should be thinking about that knighthood!

Back
Top Bottom