England ??????? v India ??

This is going to look a fairly comfortable win for England. It hasn't been until the last couple of overs although the run rate aalways looked to be very high after the first 10 overs.
It's been a very good performance by England. Right from the start they have been positive.

51 from 12 balls needed ... and there appears to be a fire drill in some parts of the ground :ROFLMAO:

44 needed off 6 ... England have got this won .... I think ;)

...job half done then ... if Pakistan beat Bangladesh(likely too), England will need to beat NZ to make the semi finals

Plunkett and Roy must both play V NZ

Phewwwww.

The biggest element that will influence the next game will be the toss. Got to bat first.

Last edited:
Good win today, as it was a must win match against a solid team. Lots of pressure this morning on the England team, but they’ve responded brilliantly. Did well with the bat, and bowled well too. Took the pace off the ball nicely, and Archer unlucky not to get Sharma early. Overall a good win, and back on track after 2 defeats on the trott.

...job half done then ... if Pakistan beat Bangladesh(likely too), England will need to beat NZ to make the semi finals

Plunkett and Roy must both play V NZ
It's a shame that we play NZ before Pakistan play Bangladesh.
Will have to simply assume we need to win

After the first few games New Zealand were the pace setters. All of the sudden they could be going home!

It's a shame that we play NZ before Pakistan play Bangladesh.
Will have to simply assume we need to win
bit like in football towards the end of the season then ... win 'our' game n let others worry about theirs :sneaky:

Bizarre batting from India. Last over, game over and now they start throwing the bat.
Those last 5/6 overs were very strange. India just didn't go for it, more or less ran it down. Didn't look like they wanted to win it. Better to be all out trying than 5 down and lose by 30!?

Yes, that was very odd. They literally had nothing more to lose - why not swing the bat? Just one six all innings, and appearing to give up with five wickets still in hand...
Still, I'll take the points. Wednesday's game against NZ will be a nail biter!

Yes, that was very odd. They literally had nothing more to lose - why not swing the bat? Just one six all innings, and appearing to give up with five wickets still in hand...
Still, I'll take the points. Wednesday's game against NZ will be a nail biter!
im already down to me elbows after todays match :oops:

It's the England winning formula:

Win toss; bat; clobber it; hold on with the ball........

Great win today. Three more needed for glory.

Today was the England we all know and love. Aggressive from the start of the batting, largely focused and absolutely got into the Indian spinners - an Indian pundit I was reading today said England are quietly lethal against spinners on ODIs.

The bowling attack look so much better with Plunkett in it. Night and day difference, Plunkett just offers something the other bowlers don't have and someone like Kohli struggled at times to get on top of his bowling.

The pressure is still on, but there must be a level of confidence in the players. They picked at India's batting order and showed it is vulnerable. They got at the bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom