England vs Denmark - Semi Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Southgate's rotation of the younger attacking players and looking to match them up to the opponent has impressed me so far. He is willing to drop a player regardless of how well they played if the tactical situation requires it and subbing sub Jack Grealish last night was the most obvious example or Sancho only playing in the quarter final.
and handling it so well with the players that they accept it. Can you imagine one of the French or Dutch squads, with their respective managers, dealing so well with being a substituted substitute?

and handling it so well with the players that they accept it. Can you imagine one of the French or Dutch squads, with their respective managers, dealing so well with being a substituted substitute?
Southgate has done a fantastic job of getting the players to distinguish between club and country - that’s always been his biggest strength. You might be a big fish and one of the first names on the team sheet at your club, but when it comes to England it’s different. It doesn’t work that way, and it’s an honour to represent your country whether it means starting every game or getting a few minutes off the bench every third match. You can either be part of a successful group and end up with a medal at some point, and a bag filled with dozens of caps by the end of your run, or you can sulk and strop around and end up with nothing but failure, like the so-called ‘golden generation’ who never even got to a semi-final.

He’s been phenomenal for England in that sense. He’s completely changed the mentality. The players can either buy into it and appreciate how lucky they are to simply be in the camp, or they can sit and watch at home.

And Southgate is as honest and humble as a manager as he was when a player.

It's very refreshing when you see successful leadership based on attention to detail, staying humble and keeping it honest and real, rather than personality, populism and bluster.
He’s currently being watched very closely by the Tories, funnily enough. They’re very worried about his “progressive patriotism” approach and the way that he’s unifying the country through sport. This is bad news for people who do nothing but intentionally wind people up and divide them, and get them fighting each other rather than talking and striving to find common ground. Unity is not on the agenda, but for the moment it is being imposed.

There was even an article the other day suggesting that a number of Tory strategists think he’s some sort of plant for the “deep woke” who is having his articles written for him. Heaven forbid a sportsman be articulate and thoughtful, especially one who wrote his own articles for a local paper 30 years ago when he was at Palace. I fort dat al ov da playaz woz wel fick an dat?

3DA0B9C6-CD86-4330-B84E-681831B65A57.jpeg

Still, at least the people who “don’t do gestures” have had no choice but to join in, because the country uniting behind its football team has left them cornered. Cheers Gaz!

438879FA-7253-4E9B-840D-E999964D89B8.jpeg
259C9CDA-A2A8-4C7A-BC54-1A19F28FC59F.jpeg
2DD8E8B9-B0BF-4E67-8FB7-1763EE545093.jpeg

Cowley road bought to a standstill last night after the England win.....
noticeable that as its football related, there's a mention of 'a brawl', elsewhere, that's been worked in the OM report.....

*given the spike in the Cowley area of covid cases, this ^^ could also perhaps have gone in the Covid19 & Covidiots threads too?

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but I hope they find the idiot shining a laser pointer at the Danish goalie and make sure he never darkens the doorstep of another football ground. Absolute pillock.

He’s currently being watched very closely by the Tories, funnily enough. They’re very worried about his “progressive patriotism” approach and the way that he’s unifying the country through sport. This is bad news for people who do nothing but intentionally wind people up and divide them, and get them fighting each other rather than talking and striving to find common ground. Unity is not on the agenda, but for the moment it is being imposed.

There was even an article the other day suggesting that a number of Tory strategists think he’s some sort of plant for the “deep woke” who is having his articles written for him. Heaven forbid a sportsman be articulate and thoughtful, especially one who wrote his own articles for a local paper 30 years ago when he was at Palace. I fort dat al ov da playaz woz wel fick an dat?

View attachment 6728

Still, at least the people who “don’t do gestures” have had no choice but to join in, because the country uniting behind its football team has left them cornered. Cheers Gaz!

View attachment 6729
View attachment 6731
View attachment 6730
A greater collection of bellendary you would struggle to define

Loving deepwoke though, that's a beut. I'm guessing that will start trending .......

#deepwoke :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 6728

View attachment 6729
View attachment 6731
View attachment 6730

This bloke didn't get the memo but his reasons for the boycott is fantastically pathetic:

NB: The point scoring by Labour with that van is also pathetic.

Last edited:
This bloke didn't the memo but his reasons for the boycott is fantastically pathetic:

NB: The point scoring by Labour with that van is also pathetic.
Don’t worry about it. Leave the game playing to them. Here’s Rees-Mogg quoting the John Barnes rap in the commons so we can all focus on the serious business of government.

Dear @RyanioBirdio I have ran out of Kleenex. Send help.

Meanwhile, Starmer wouldn`t try and hop on the populism bandwagon would he?? Oh....

Attachments

• KSFoot.jpg
    KSFoot.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 13
Dear @RyanioBirdio I have ran out of Kleenex. Send help.

Meanwhile, Starmer wouldn`t try and hop on the populism bandwagon would he?? Oh....
Behave, you silly goose. The same Starmer who has a long and documented history of playing Sunday League football and holding a season ticket at his club? Bit different to people who don’t even know the rules to the sport. I believe he’s an England fan; I don’t believe Boris, Patel or JRM could even explain the offside rule. You know exactly what I’m saying, and you know I’m right, so stop flapping and start rolling!

Put the Kleenex on the shopping list. It’s your turn to pay, and you best get some bleach while you’re at it because it’s also your turn to clean the bathroom. This incredibly strange and unlikely marriage is never going to work if you keep treating me like a skivvy. I tolerate you being a plonker, I won’t tolerate skids in the bowl or expensive wanks.

The commentary by Matterface *was* awful though. He had quite obviously written down a load of 'witticisms' which he then shoehorned into the commentary whether what was happening on the pitch deserved it or not. I normally mentally tune the commentator out, but he veered between the banal and the ridiculous wildly enough for me to mention it to Mrs ZtH (who was sat there watching possibly the second football match of her life. She was using Ebay on her laptop at the same time though, so perhaps it doesn't count!).

It'll be the Beeb for me on Sunday.

The commentary by Matterface *was* awful though. He had quite obviously written down a load of 'witticisms' which he then shoehorned into the commentary whether what was happening on the pitch deserved it or not. I normally mentally tune the commentator out, but he veered between the banal and the ridiculous wildly enough for me to mention it to Mrs ZtH (who was sat there watching possibly the second football match of her life. She was using Ebay on her laptop at the same time though, so perhaps it doesn't count!).

It'll be the Beeb for me on Sunday.

Most definitely the Beeb on Sunday. Matterface's comments saying Denmark were down 1 staff member on the pitch in extra time summed up how bad he was.

Surely only those who boycott the BBC will go anywhere near ITV? The adverts alone are enough to put me off, that's before the poor commentary from Matterface.

Most definitely the Beeb on Sunday. Matterface's comments saying Denmark were down 1 staff member on the pitch in extra time summed up how bad he was.
Such a dilemma for the Bellendary that run things....

Put up with the #deepwoke on ITV

or the hateful lefty snowflakes including that mouthy commie t**t Lineker on the (funded by the taxpayer) Beeb

What an awful choice for the poor dears :oops: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom