National News The BBC

I have been sat watching BBC Radio 2 for the last hour on my tv, literally nothing happening, had a quick browse through the channels though and I think you might be extremely dyslexic as I found a channel called babe station which was disgusting and full of of tits.
My mate used to be a producer on Babestation. Disgusting. Sometimes I make him talk to me about it in great detail, just to remind myself how lucky I am to be away from such filth.

My mate used to be a producer on Babestation. Disgusting. Sometimes I make him talk to me about it in great detail, just to remind myself how lucky I am to be away from such filth.

What exactly does being a producer on Babestation involve?

What exactly does being a producer on Babestation involve?
I’ll tell you, but only so you know what to look out for.

Basically, you stand around behind the camera making sure that the women are all happy while they jiggle their bits about, talk to the lads who are answering the phones to all the drunk horny blokes who are calling in for £1.50 a minute to make sure that they’re ‘safe’ to put through to the girls while the jiggling continues, and then stand around talking to the girls who are arriving for the next shift while they take all their clothes off and get into their lingerie.

Then when the changeover happens, you make sure the girls who have just finished have everything they want in terms of food and drink (cocaine), and if you’re really lucky one of them might be so worked up and off her head on gear that she bangs you in the changing room before going home.

Also: yes you’re in charge of the batteries.

Then when the changeover happens, you make sure the girls who have just finished have everything they want in terms of food and drink (cocaine), and if you’re really lucky one of them might be so worked up and off her head on gear that she bangs you in the changing room before going home.

I'll think about this on Monday morning when I'm sat in the office drinking shitty instant coffee and listening to a 2 hour e-learning module on increasing inclusivity in the workplace.

f**k my life.

I’ll tell you, but only so you know what to look out for.

Basically, you stand around behind the camera making sure that the women are all happy while they jiggle their bits about, talk to the lads who are answering the phones to all the drunk horny blokes who are calling in for £1.50 a minute to make sure that they’re ‘safe’ to put through to the girls while the jiggling continues, and then stand around talking to the girls who are arriving for the next shift while they take all their clothes off and get into their lingerie.

The poor man, get me the address and I will take a couple of shifts off him, just want to help out.

I'll think about this on Monday morning when I'm sat in the office drinking shitty instant coffee and listening to a 2 hour e-learning module on increasing inclusivity in the workplace.

f**k my life.

Ah yes. statutory and mandatory training. Ticks a box, everyone is happy.

Our elearning system used to allow you to skip to the "must score 80% or more quiz".

Then you had to open every page, increased risk of RSI as folk tried blasting through it

Not anymore you have to endure every page, every video no shortcuts.

Wastes more time multiplied by 15,000 or so staff. :ROFLMAO:

I just wish that some of those 'news outlets ' and commentators that are being so vocal about whether the BBC use one particular word or not in their coverage....
...would spend a bit more time informing themselves about the history, background and context of the current events using a reliable information source like, I don't know, say, the BBC, so they can address the actual issues involved.....
.... rather than just creating some dog whistle issue to get apoplectic about so as to avoid actually having to think too hard about the real thing

Ah yes. statutory and mandatory training. Ticks a box, everyone is happy.

Our elearning system used to allow you to skip to the "must score 80% or more quiz".

Then you had to open every page, increased risk of RSI as folk tried blasting through it

Not anymore you have to endure every page, every video no shortcuts.

Wastes more time multiplied by 15,000 or so staff. :ROFLMAO:
There is nothing sinister about forcing people to agree with things that aren't necessarily even true.
There is nothing sinister about forcing people to agree with things that aren't necessarily even true.
Repeat.

9 modules. 70% are annual.

Minimum 45 minutes per module.

Minimum 6.00 hours per person per year

15,000 staff..... 90,000 hours.

2,500 weeks of working time "lost".

Yes, 3 more today. :rolleyes:

Repeat.
'Rwanda is a safe country'

In my opinion yes, but as you wouldn’t want to live there, why should anyone else?

One of the safest countries in Africa and far more forward thinking than many would credit.

The ruling Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF) continued to stifle dissenting and critical voices and to target those perceived as a threat to the government and their family members. The space for political opposition, civil society, and media remained closed. Several high-profile critics, including opposition members and commentators using social media or YouTube to express themselves, went missing, were arrested or threatened. Arbitrary detention, ill-treatment, and torture in official and unofficial detention facilities was commonplace, and fair trial standards were routinely flouted in cases deemed sensitive. There were credible reports of arbitrary detention and mistreatment of people accused of “deviant behaviors,” including street children, sex workers and petty vendors.

"One of the safest in Africa" is, I am afraid to say, not a particularly high bar for the most part. I sincerely wish that weren't the case and the debate as to why it is probably deserves its own thread.

And "forward thinking" is a very subjective term that really ought to be contextualised.

I mean, some might think of the UK as "forward thinking".

Nevertheless, here we are with spiraling national debt, multiple public services in meltdown due to years of cuts and underinvestment, millions of its citizens in work but still in poverty having to make choices between heating and eating. Billions of pounds of public money spirited away into the bank accounts of the goverments chums...
And all whilst said deeply unpopular government are actively considering removing our citizens human rights by turning our back on an International Convention which we helped author in the aftermath of the atrocities of the last World War, in the name of an ineffective vanity project that essentially won't work.

Forwards is the new Backwards, it would seem.

Back
Top Bottom