National News Extinction "Rebellion"

So what do they want?

I`m guessing it is about getting homes insulated.

How?
Who?
When?

I would take a pot shot and guess a good 75% of us live in homes with insulation in it already?

So what is their point?

You could always use Google for the answers.

The feckwits are now walking against the traffic flow on the M25 hard shoulder.

It`ll just take one 40 ton artic to not be paying attention...................and someone will die if this stupidity carries on.

Sorry------------- they were walking ON THE M25

Police should be sectioning them for public safety.

I don't know how the rozzers keep their temper.

You could always use Google for the answer.

Done that. Very vague, no detail, no costing, no facts & figures.

"That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;"

OK - does that mean all rented accommodation? Or just those rented out by LA`s (whose responsibility they are)?

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

12 weeks? No costs? "Full decarbonisation"? Yep - realistic that! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♀️

1.1% of global carbon emissions come from the UK.

Extinction Rebellion might want to consider protesting outside the Russian, US and Chinese embassies.

Done that. Very vague, no detail, no costing, no facts & figures.

"That the UK government immediately promises to fully fund and take responsibility for the insulation of all social housing in Britain by 2025;"

OK - does that mean all rented accommodation? Or just those rented out by LA`s (whose responsibility they are)?

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

12 weeks? No costs? "Full decarbonisation"? Yep - realistic that! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♀️
Basically what they are doing is working. People are talking about it, and you are even spreading their message for them! If they just stayed at home emailing Anneliese you'd hear nothing about their cause.

Basically what they are doing is working. People are talking about it, and you are even spreading their message for them! If they just stayed at home emailing Anneliese you'd hear nothing about their cause.

I`m not seeing much positive publicity.

Yes, any publicity may be "good" but these folk are being very effective at cheesing off an awful lot of the people they need to get onside.

I doubt a few posts on a backwater football forum is going to achieve their ludicrous goals but there we are.

It`ll just take one 40 ton artic to not be paying attention...................and someone will die if this stupidity carries on.

This is now utter f#cking madness....

People will die as a result of this and in all likelihood not one of the protesters...
It doesn't even need to be an artic, just someone swerving out of the inside lane in surprise/to give them space and clipping a vehicle in the second lane and it could be carnage.

This is now endangering life, which I would hope introduces more substantial offences into the police armoury. Lock them up today, until their case is heard, which should be scheduled for about 2026!

I’m just wondering what will be the next protest? Blocking trains because of the diesel they are using? Where will it end.

1.1% of global carbon emissions come from the UK.

Extinction Rebellion might want to consider protesting outside the Russian, US and Chinese embassies.
squirrel-shocked.gif

So what do they want?

I`m guessing it is about getting homes insulated.

How?
Who?
When?

I would take a pot shot and guess a good 75% of us live in homes with insulation in it already?

So what is their point?
The insulation could be much much better though.
Really we all need to get to the point where we can comfortably heat our homes with hot water at 40°c, paving the way for alternatives sources like heat pumps ect.

TBF The M25 on a Friday is probably the safest road to walk on in the Country!

Back
Top Bottom