Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.53 Play-off SF second leg

Yes, of course a gap which would not have existed if we had beaten Blackpool at home, not that we ever looked remotely likely to do so during the game.

For me, another negative factor in our season was some curiously bad performances. I wouldn't cite home to Swindon, which I think was simply the pressure of the occasion, but (from the games I watched online), away at Northampton and home to Crewe. Is this in part a reflection of limited leadership on the pitch? Someone to shake the players and simply say that it's not good enough?
Totally agree about Northampton and Crewe. But I would include Swindon too, absolutely. Much less pressure without fans in and Swindon were dreadful. The Cobblers game really pissed me off too. They were another terrible side yet the game plan was to get to 60 mins at 0-0. Madness.
I don't think we have an out and out leader on the pitch.

A great report on everything Paul. And how true on all what you have written. We go again next season.

Yes, of course a gap which would not have existed if we had beaten Blackpool at home, not that we ever looked remotely likely to do so during the game.

For me, another negative factor in our season was some curiously bad performances. I wouldn't cite home to Swindon, which I think was simply the pressure of the occasion, but (from the games I watched online), away at Northampton and home to Crewe. Is this in part a reflection of limited leadership on the pitch? Someone to shake the players and simply say that it's not good enough?

Totally agree about Northampton and Crewe. But I would include Swindon too, absolutely. Much less pressure without fans in and Swindon were dreadful. The Cobblers game really pissed me off too. They were another terrible side yet the game plan was to get to 60 mins at 0-0. Madness.
I don't think we have an out and out leader on the pitch.
You always get the odd blip and disaster in a season. The trouble is that our bad start made them more significant.

Great article. Glad someone else noticed the some of the Blackpool fans being knobs.

Thank you Paul
Have to say that throughout the season I have agreed with your analysis of each game, which can’t be said of KR.
Dont get me wrong I like what he does for the club, but sometimes when we have played badly and 99% of us know we have played badly why oh why does he have to say we were the better team.
It fools nobody, the players must know they have played badly so he can’t be protecting them.Just be honest give credit to the opposition and say we weren’t at it or he actually got it wrong tactically

Thanks for your reports throughout the season Paul. i agree with your comments on our lack of physicality which is very different to the aggression sometimes shown by Sykes, Taylor and sometimes Brannagan particularly when we find ourselves losing. Our midfield options are short in stature and as a result are unable to win aerial battles. Aygei when he plays gives a glimpse of what strength can bring to a team despite what he may lack in awareness and skill.

Back
Top Bottom