Other - Rest of the World Gbr-Aus women

chuckbert

Meh. Watching GBR getting humped by Australia in the women’s football.
Awful penalty attempt by gbr. Lucky deflection for the Aussie third.
Ooh gbr have just brought it back to 4-3 with a cracking header. 5 mins of ET left.
Come on you Boudiccas or whatever they’re called.

4-3 it is then. Australian commentators quite excited about the win.

Meh. Watching GBR getting humped by Australia in the women’s football.
Awful penalty attempt by gbr. Lucky deflection for the Aussie third.
Ooh gbr have just brought it back to 4-3 with a cracking header. 5 mins of ET left.
Come on you Boudiccas or whatever they’re called.
was a decent game (inc extra time) I thought, .... poor defending, twice and a very poor penalty kick by GB - which gave them Matilda's the imputus- proved very costly in the end

I saw a bit of the GB women’s team and thought they needed an option other than White up front. Nothing really stuck there and it was all down to White. They didn’t learn from their errors either. Gifting Australia set pieces and positions to deliver crosses was criminal.

They played with the shock-and-awe tactics like a men’s side of old. Australia played far more pragmatically. The better ability team bow out, the better tactically that played to their strengths go through.

I saw a bit of the GB women’s team and thought they needed an option other than White up front. Nothing really stuck there and it was all down to White. They didn’t learn from their errors either. Gifting Australia set pieces and positions to deliver crosses was criminal.

They played with the shock-and-awe tactics like a men’s side of old. Australia played far more pragmatically. The better ability team bow out, the better tactically that played to their strengths go through.
Sounds oddly familiar that summary 🤔

Enjoyed the game, but the defensive errors, especially for Australia's second(?) were really poor. Two players backed off from the striker in the box and let her take her time to line up the shot! Think the Aussies deserved the win in the end.

Back
Top Bottom