International News George Floyd trial

Conflation is a brilliant thing. Policeman on trial for murder. Jury finds him guilty of murder. But earlier in his now extinguished life the murdered man was no saint so perhaps the policeman wasn't in fact guilty after all? Oh, but the jury found him guilty, so perhaps they were biased and the policeman never had a chance? If only there'd been a 'fair trial', ie one where a man with a criminal history can't really have been murdered by a policeman?

Let's conflate a number of different issues because, deep down, we think Floyd deserved everything he got and the policeman has been hard done by. Naive to think differently. Rather worrying that every poster on here could, possibly, be asked to be a juror.

Conflation is a brilliant thing. Policeman on trial for murder. Jury finds him guilty of murder. But earlier in his now extinguished life the murdered man was no saint so perhaps the policeman wasn't in fact guilty after all? Oh, but the jury found him guilty, so perhaps they were biased and the policeman never had a chance? If only there'd been a 'fair trial', ie one where a man with a criminal history can't really have been murdered by a policeman?

Let's conflate a number of different issues because, deep down, we think Floyd deserved everything he got and the policeman has been hard done by. Naive to think differently. Rather worrying that every poster on here could, possibly, be asked to be a juror.

Love that post. 😂

Pleased you loved it, but can't help feeling you didn't understand it.

Did you know having a different opinion to other individuals is frowned upon, and makes you an extremist a right winger and racist!

No it’s just having a different opinion!

I don’t condone what the police officer did, and stated that above, and said the criminal Floyd didn’t deserve to be killed.

I’m saying it wasn’t a fair trial, no matter how other want to sugar coat it. I was always going to be a certain result (Guilty). With all the world to see.

Do you think it would of been happily ever after, if the police officer was found to be doing his job, and was just ever so slightly aggressive in his arrest of the deceased. Of course not it would of been absolute chaos, and would of been outrage.

Ps I did actually enjoy your post i also loved how you added certain parts of my comments above in to it. I rise above those little petty things though.

Have an enjoyable afternoon fellow yellow.

Totally disagree - he received a trial in a first world country via due process and was convicted based on the evidence presented by a multi-racial jury. The testimony of his colleagues was both telling and damning.
I think he was guilty as sin and hope he gets the sentence he deserves but at the same time he didn't have a fair trial by the standards of most Western countries. The two things are not mutually exclusive. The American justice system is bizarre whether it is a first world country or not. The local area to pay out millions in compensation to the family before the ending of the criminal trial and Joe Biden, the President, stating his guilt before the jury have delivered their verdict is just wrong in terms of justice. Imagine Boris Johnson coming out and stating that someone was guilty in a high profile trial while the trial hadn't finished.

Last edited:
I think he was guilty as sin and hope he gets the sentence he deserves but at the same time he didn't have a fair trial by the standards of most Western countries. The two things are not mutually exclusive. The American justice system is bizzare whether it is a first world country or not. The local area to pay out millions in compensation to the family before the ending of the criminal trial and Joe Biden, the President, stating his guilt before the jury have delivered their verdict is just wrong in terms of justice. Imagine Boris Johnson coming out and stating that someone was guilty in a high profile trial while the trial hadn't finished.

Quite right. It wasn’t a fair trial! Everyone is entitled to that, whether they are innocent or guilty. This was all wrong, and Biden should not of said what he said.

Quite right. It wasn’t a fair trial! Everyone is entitled to that, whether they are innocent or guilty. This was all wrong, and Biden should not of said what he said.
I could be wrong but I believe that Biden only made his views known once the jury had been sequestered and thus they would not be aware of anything he said.

I could be wrong but I believe that Biden only made his views known once the jury had been sequestered and thus they would not be aware of anything he said.
The jury deliberated for two days it could have been much longer. Despite best efforts to separate jurors from the outside world, this is easier to do in the day while at court, they still have to leave the court at night and stay at hotels/home etc. It was wrong for the president to do this in my view. There are lots of issues I have with the US justice system, particularly in high profile cases and I don't believe in this country that system would be deemed to offer a fair trial. Like I said, I have no sympathy for the officer and hope he gets a just sentence but my views on whether it was a fair trial by Western standards and whether he is guilty are not mutually exclusive.

Don’t be so naive!

It was one result that had to happen, otherwise blood thirsty mobs would of caused chaos.

The copper never had a leg to stand on.
But he was still responsible for his death

Last edited:
dodgy juror is the latest.......fair trial??? my hairy ar#e.......will anything come of it??? dont old yer breath.