League One Gillingham

oufc1991

typical of a Steve evans side I hope our owners don’t try pulling a stunt like that surely there is some law that you can’t sell
Out of date products

typical of a Steve evans side I hope our owners don’t try pulling a stunt like that surely there is some law that you can’t sell
Out of date products

We have no control over catering through out the stadium.

Is anyone else shocked at how they've responded since we trounced them? I honestly thought they were done, we carved through them so easily that day and they looked like they had given up. Perhaps that humiliation was the wake up call they needed to change things and get their house in order. Fair play to them, they have given themselves a decent chance of staying up and are consistently picking up points over the teams around them.

After we scored 7 in 90 minutes at their place, who honestly would have thought they would only concede 8 total in the next 11 games?!

1647729572889.png

Is anyone else shocked at how they've responded since we trounced them? I honestly thought they were done, we carved through them so easily that day and they looked like they had given up. Perhaps that humiliation was the wake up call they needed to change things and get their house in order. Fair play to them, they have given themselves a decent chance of staying up and are consistently picking up points over the teams around them.

After we scored 7 in 90 minutes at their place, who honestly would have thought they would only concede 8 total in the next 11 games?!

View attachment 8509
New manager helps!

New manager helps!
Not always? And I think it's a bit more than that. Don't know if you watched the game but I've never seen a team capitulate like that at this level. They were slightly the better side in the very early exchanges, we then got the first around the 10 minute mark and they just seemed to give up. I remember their captain Dempsey had been linked with a move throughout the Jan window and was absolutely sh*te that day. A couple of days later he signed for Bolton.

So that result precipitated quite a few changes for Gills, but I think pretty much everyone including their own fans had consigned them to relegation after that pummelling. It left them second from bottom and 10 points adrift of Wimbledon in 20th (with a 20 worse GD). After conceding 7 in 90 minutes, they've only conceded 8 in the next 990 and hauled themselves out of the drop zone and pulled 11 goals back on Wimbledon who now occupy the fourth relegation spot.

Not always? And I think it's a bit more than that. Don't know if you watched the game but I've never seen a team capitulate like that at this level. They were slightly the better side in the very early exchanges, we then got the first around the 10 minute mark and they just seemed to give up. I remember their captain Dempsey had been linked with a move throughout the Jan window and was absolutely sh*te that day. A couple of days later he signed for Bolton.

So that result precipitated quite a few changes for Gills, but I think pretty much everyone including their own fans had consigned them to relegation after that pummelling. It left them second from bottom and 10 points adrift of Wimbledon in 20th (with a 20 worse GD). After conceding 7 in 90 minutes, they've only conceded 8 in the next 990 and hauled themselves out of the drop zone and pulled 11 goals back on Wimbledon who now occupy the fourth relegation spot.
I’d be happy for them and Morecambe to stay up and Wimbledon and Fleetwood to go down

Back
Top Bottom