National News Have you been sent home?

Has your workplace closed/partially closed?

• Yes - working from home

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Yes - cannot work from home, but getting paid

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Yes - unpaid

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a driving instructor with a solid business I’ve watched my business collapse over the last few days.
First warning 8 saw coming was when Wellington College refused admission to visitors, so lost business there.
Yesterday, I heard driving tests were suspended until further notice so lessons cancelled.
As I expected schools are closing on Friday so a string of cancellations there.
Three students with part time jobs laid off as work dependent on travelling visitors.
No end in sight to lack of income.
And to out the icing on the cake, a weekend in Oxford away, had no football match to see.
This will be a long haul.
The effects on business globally and to our pensions and savings will be incalculable

As a driving instructor with a solid business I’ve watched my business collapse over the last few days.
First warning 8 saw coming was when Wellington College refused admission to visitors, so lost business there.
Yesterday, I heard driving tests were suspended until further notice so lessons cancelled.
As I expected schools are closing on Friday so a string of cancellations there.
Three students with part time jobs laid off as work dependent on travelling visitors.
No end in sight to lack of income.
And to out the icing on the cake, a weekend in Oxford away, had no football match to see.
This will be a long haul.
The effects on business globally and to our pensions and savings will be incalculable
Nightmare. Will anything the government has announced with regards helping small businesses etc help you out?

Nightmare. Will anything the government has announced with regards helping small businesses etc help you out?

With the likes of Branson and many other larger companies already trying to take advantage/blame this crisis on their businesses failing, it's fair to say the likes of @peterdevo will be considered as not worthy or way down the pecking order if even on it.

Your desk is a sight tidier than mine. CDs, leads, books, bits of musical instruments - all sorts of crap.
Well done, that man.

Your desk is a sight tidier than mine. CDs, leads, books, bits of musical instruments - all sorts of crap.
Well done, that man.
It's not a desk really, it's the top of a chest of drawers. I have a standing desk at work, my daughters chest of drawers was the closest I could find to the right height, so I've stolen it ?

It's not a desk really, it's the top of a chest of drawers. I have a standing desk at work, my daughters chest of drawers was the closest I could find to the right height, so I've stolen it ?
you got a good view of the neighbours bath from that window ?

Are you a lefty? Or is your mouse gone walkabout? ?

I’m self employed, so effectively will have very little/no income for the next 12 to 16 weeks or until we back to any sense of normality, and even then I expect business and the economy will be slow to recover.

These are interesting times we live in, weird and worrying.

My wife is a self employed personal trainer and this has caused her business to crash due to no one having sessions/not renewing. It could take a year to build it back up to be a sustainable business again.

My wife is a self employed personal trainer and this has caused her business to crash due to no one having sessions/not renewing. It could take a year to build it back up to be a sustainable business again.

Sorry to hear that, it’s tough to deal with.

There are going to be so many situations like this particularly amongst the self employed, those in the ‘gig’ economy, people on zero hours contracts, sole traders etc

It’s a vulnerable situation for many.

Sorry to hear that, it’s tough to deal with.

There are going to be so many situations like this particularly amongst the self employed, those in the ‘gig’ economy, people on zero hours contracts, sole traders etc

It’s a vulnerable situation for many.

luckily my job is safe and I get full pay while I’m off. We also don’t have massive outgoings and don’t waste money so we aren’t too badly affected except for having the kids off school but even then we don’t need to worry about child care due to the wife now not having work.

I feel for others who will have child care issues and the self employed. I think what this shows is that’s important to live within your means.

Well I hope the buy to let landlords give all their tenants a few months holiday. Fat chance those leeches

Well I hope the buy to let landlords give all their tenants a few months holiday. Fat chance those leeches
Will the mortgage company’s give the landlords a ‘holiday’ then. Fat chance those leeches.