National News Interest rates

Not so sure you’ll be happy with Shell now. Having said that I’ve got BP and they slumped 8% yesterday despite being cash rich
BP are charging around £1.70 per litre of premium grade diesel in Oxford

BP are charging around £1.70 per litre of premium grade diesel in Oxford
I was referring to equities. Having said that, that is ridiculous as fuel prices are supposed to be falling

I was referring to equities. Having said that, that is ridiculous as fuel prices are supposed to be falling

Not sure what share prices have to do with fuel prices these days?

Usual knee jerk reaction in the markets.

If the news over the coming few weeks continues to raise serious concerns about this variant the markets will be all over the place.

I poised and ready to top up [emoji846]

Neither BP nor Shell are as exposed to the oil markets (let’s call it Brent) as they used to be. If you want exposure to the oil price, look elsewhere.

Neither BP nor Shell are as exposed to the oil markets (let’s call it Brent) as they used to be. If you want exposure to the oil price, look elsewhere.
Only in BP for the half decent dividend yield.

My most interesting oil play at the moment is Zephyr Energy, but I don’t really have too much exposure to oil.

Bank of England meet tomorrow. Surely interest rates will go to 0.25%

It's reminiscent of the stagflation back in the 70's.

Its going to be a tough one to manage.

I just can’t see a rise this month with all the Omicron stuff at the moment.

🤷🏼‍♂️

But a rise is certainly overdue.

It’s a sensible move given that inflation is moving apace. I’m sure here’ll be howls it anguish from mortgage holders although its worth bearing in mind that interest rates were 60 times their present level back in the eighties

It’s a sensible move given that inflation is moving apace. I’m sure here’ll be howls it anguish from mortgage holders although its worth bearing in mind that interest rates were 60 times their present level back in the eighties
I was paying 15% on my mortgage and getting 9% on my small savings lot in 1982

Bold move
Why? The BoE has a single target, to keep inflation as close to 2% as possible. It does not have economic growth targets, those are down to the treasury. Given this BoE objective I think this is the least they could do.

I think they should look to get interest rates up gradually. The hope is that it’s not been left too late to attempt s9me control of inflation