Matches Ipswich away...............

If the children are Gillick competent they can choose to receive treatment, without the consent of their parent/guardian, if it is for their own benefit.

No civil liberties lost at all.

Sorry.
Yes,

The government overruling parental decisions because their formula says it’s ok.
Nothing to see here.

I’m very upset that Ipswich away wasn’t early or late in the season. I wanted to combine it with a long weekend in Great Yarmouth.

Start with a visit to Joyland, get my picture taken on the snails ride (totally stony faced), walk up the sea front for a quick raspberry ripple cone and a look at the classic cars that are always parked up for some reason, pop into the arcades to waste a tenner on toy cranes while getting scowled at because I’m giggling way too much for a man in his thirties, on to the pirate mini golf where scowls turn into embarrassed punches in the arm because I’m shouting about how “I’m blue a**e the pirate and I’m here to show everybody my plank”, smooth things over with the police followed by a quick stop at the aquarium, then head right the way up to the pleasure beach, photo taken on the rollercoaster (totally stony faced again) before a quick one-two of the ghost house and the dodgems which sets me up nicely for a go on the log flume (stony faced picture number three in the bag), straight into the drying machine before heading back along the sea front for some fish and chips, eat them on the beach while watching the donkeys shi*tting everywhere, then squeeze in a round of pitch and putt before visiting Hemsby and muttering about how much of a hole it still is. Throw in a football match and a trip to Norwich on the way back and that’s definitely a full weekend of activities.

But that’s not going to happen now, is it.

I’m very upset that Ipswich away wasn’t early or late in the season. I wanted to combine it with a long weekend in Great Yarmouth.

Start with a visit to Joyland, get my picture taken on the snails ride (totally stony faced), walk up the sea front for a quick raspberry ripple cone and a look at the classic cars that are always parked up for some reason, pop into the arcades to waste a tenner on toy cranes while getting scowled at because I’m giggling way too much for a man in his thirties, on to the pirate mini golf where scowls turn into embarrassed punches in the arm because I’m shouting about how “I’m blue a**e the pirate and I’m here to show everybody my plank”, smooth things over with the police followed by a quick stop at the aquarium, then head right the way up to the pleasure beach, photo taken on the rollercoaster (totally stony faced again) before a quick one-two of the ghost house and the dodgems which sets me up nicely for a go on the log flume (stony faced picture number three in the bag), straight into the drying machine before heading back along the sea front for some fish and chips, eat them on the beach while watching the donkeys shi*tting everywhere, then squeeze in a round of pitch and putt before visiting Hemsby and muttering about how much of a hole it still is. Throw in a football match and a trip to Norwich on the way back and that’s definitely a full weekend of activities.

But that’s not going to happen now, is it.
Have to say I haven’t been to Great Yarmouth for 8 years now but your post brought back some memories from when I was a kid we used to go there every year for some reason 😁

Yes,

The government overruling parental decisions because their formula says it’s ok.
Nothing to see here.

Nope, the powers that be had this debate with Gillick.
Her children were given the power, if competent, to choose to take medical intervention that was for their benefit.
She objected to her children (and anyone elses) having access to contraception against parental wishes.

Don`t forget the majority of children have already had 15 or so vaccinations by the time they reach 16, or would you skip those as well?

And in "hot news" the EMA have approved Moderna for use in over 5`s.

Yes,

Nothing to see here.
They are not, the Gillick Competence legal principle goes back to the 80s and gives suitably competent children the ability to consent to their own medical treatment (of any kind). Where GC is not tested and proven parental decision is still final.
So yes, the is nothing to see here, this is not new or changed because of Covid.

Man City v Bruges Champions League 3 November good seats £17.50

Ipswich v Oxford £27. Having just shelled out £26 for Cheltenham. Has to stop.
Hang about.That works out about 30p a minute. Subtract the time the ball is out of play (often ) its around 32p a minute. Seems a great deal when we lose..... but very little when we win.

Man City v Bruges Champions League 3 November good seats £17.50

Ipswich v Oxford £27. Having just shelled out £26 for Cheltenham. Has to stop.
Although lower league football tickets do seem a little steep at times, it’s not quite as simple as that. Manchester City get an absolute fortune in prize money and commercial rights every year, which even without being bankrolled by an Arab state means ticket sales are a small percentage of their revenue. Meanwhile clubs in L1 and L2 get breadcrumbs in terms of the Sky EFL deal and ticket sales therefore account for the majority of total revenue.

Such is the lack of dependency on gate receipts at the top level that you can buy season tickets at the following Premier League clubs for cheaper than you can buy a season ticket in the south stand at OUFC:

Crystal Palace
Everton
Brentford
Newcastle
Southampton
Burnley
Aston Villa
Leicester City
Leeds United
Manchester City
West Ham United

Everything is cheaper on Amazon than it is at the corner shop. It’s the same principle here.

Back
Top Bottom