Ex Player Joel Cooper

Been a few comments about the work rate, commitment of our loan wide players lately.
Even if you don’t want to watch the game, take a look at the half time segment of the Larne Linfield final on iplayer.

Been a few comments about the work rate, commitment of our loan wide players lately.
Even if you don’t want to watch the game, take a look at the half time segment of the Larne Linfield final on iplayer.

What’s the point.

Noticed he was wearing gps, so we must be checking data on him.

Good news that he's coming back next season. He's a proper winger and I can't see Robbie Hall being here next year. Or the overpaid loanees Barker, Shodipo and Lee.
And Tyler Goodrham is still raw, so next season is Cooper's chance to make his name.
Shodipo overpaid? How much do we pay for him?

From Google. Holy sheet. He wouldn’t be getting anywhere near that wage with us! I have to admit, I am quite surprised to see him on so much, considering this is his first professional season..

“Olamide Shodipo earns £4,800 per week, £249,600 per year playing for QPROlamide Shodipo is 21 years old and was born in Republic of Ireland. His current contract expires June 30, 2022”

From Google. Holy sheet. He wouldn’t be getting anywhere near that wage with us! I have to admit, I am quite surprised to see him on so much, considering this is his first professional season..

“Olamide Shodipo earns £4,800 per week, £249,600 per year playing for QPROlamide Shodipo is 21 years old and was born in Republic of Ireland. His current contract expires June 30, 2022”

Below average championship wage. Our contributions are about half of that.

Good news that he's coming back next season. He's a proper winger and I can't see Robbie Hall being here next year. Or the overpaid loanees Barker, Shodipo and Lee.
And Tyler Goodrham is still raw, so next season is Cooper's chance to make his name.
I think Shodipo can definitely be counted as a successful loanee - a good goal return, although I’d have liked more assists and his overall defensive contribution improved over the season. Good for both sides I’d say.

That’s ridiculous if true. A reserve for a mediocre div 2 side? However, do wage figures from Google have any credibility? I mean, no one knows how much I earn and football clubs aren’t public sector organisations.

Waaaaay below. The average Championship wage is £16,000 A WEEK.

Our wage bill would be minuscule if we ever got to that level again.
Distorted by the losers dropping out of the Prem though. Normal div 2 clubs like Millwall and Luton won’t be paying anything like that. If we did go up we’d certainly be the smallest club there, however.

Back
Top Bottom