National News Joey Barton

bazzer9461

God like member
The piece of crap that is Joey Barton has been charged with ABH for his assault on the Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel

Bristol Rovers should consider sacking the PoS.
For once I’m going to defend him but only because I honestly don’t think he knows what the word means:

During a post-match press conference on Saturday, Mr Barton told reporters: "I said to the lads during the week, 'the team's almost like musical chairs'.

"Someone gets in and does well but then gets suspended or injured.

"Someone gets in for a game, does well but then has a Holocaust, a nightmare, an absolute disaster."

It’s a very strange use of the word borne out of ignorance rather than malicious intent imho.

For once I’m going to defend him but only because I honestly don’t think he knows what the word means:

During a post-match press conference on Saturday, Mr Barton told reporters: "I said to the lads during the week, 'the team's almost like musical chairs'.

"Someone gets in for a game, does well but then has a Holocaust, a nightmare, an absolute disaster."

It’s a very strange use of the word borne out of ignorance rather than malicious intent imho.

If that’s the case, why haven’t the club and individual swiftly condemned the comments, apologised and sought to move on?

Antisemitism is a big problem in this country and around the world and equating the Holocaust to a bad footballing performance is frankly inexcusable.

Yes that's an odd use of the word but he isn't specifically referring to the Nazis. The word does have other senses, though I'm not sure its ever used in the way he's used it!

Some people may do well to look up the meaning of the word and how it can be used in context (particularly by a thick kn*b like JB)......

I'd suggest if he doesn't know what a word means, he really shouldn't use it in the 1st place.

I'd suggest if he doesn't know what a word means, he really shouldn't use it in the 1st place.
And even if he does know what it means, using it in any context other than when referring to the Holocaust itself is disrespectful and totally inappropriate.
Bang out of order Joey Barton, go and educate yourself.

When I was younger there was the phrase “nuclear holocaust”. I reckon I’m probably similar age to Joey Barton.

Perhaps he watched video nasties like cannibal holocaust?

As well as My Bloody Valentine playing “You Made Me Realise” live ‘holocaust’ section. (An ear destroying wall of feedback).

So that’s 3 examples that are not anti-Semitic I think. Just describing an annihilation of his team.

When I was younger there was the phrase “nuclear holocaust”. I reckon I’m probably similar age to Joey Barton.

Perhaps he watched video nasties like cannibal holocaust?

As well as My Bloody Valentine playing “You Made Me Realise” live ‘holocaust’ section. (An ear destroying wall of feedback).

So that’s 3 examples that are not anti-Semitic I think. Just describing an annihilation of his team.
The word is and always has been first and foremost associated with ‘The Holocaust’, there is no excusing his use of the word.
He needs to apologise, the club needs to apologise and take the appropriate action with Barton.

The word is and always has been first and foremost associated with ‘The Holocaust’, there is no excusing his use of the word.
He needs to apologise, the club needs to apologise and take the appropriate action with Barton.
The word Holocaust is aligned the deaths of millions of Jews. The word has been used for other things like nuclear Holocaust but is more commonly used with the 2nd world war Holocaust of the Jewish people. Barton is just an absolute t**t.

The holocaust was the murder of millions of people who weren't Jewish, as well ad those who were. To ignore the other victims is a form of holocaust denial.

Barton is being a div here, for sure, but if we sacked managers for being morons it would be a very barren game

You have to hope he mispoke out of ignorance but even so a sincere apology is due.

Well, the word was previously used in other senses, and the Nazi Holocaust is certainly not the only modern meaning - as someone said above, nuclear holocaust is another use. There's plenty of other stuff to accuse hm of though!

although he may or may not have accidentally come in contact with him, he may or may not have been aware of contact being made.