Current Player #4 Jordan Thorniley

I didn't actually think that Thorniley has played badly this season. I find it quite amusing how he doesn't really look at all like a footballer, doesn't look athletic, walks with an awkward gait and doesn't look particularly tall for a centre half. Yet, for me, he is deceptively good. I think his best attribute is that he really reads the game well.

Very much our weak link at the backline when he plays, ever since the beginning of the season at Cambridge Bristol City then he got injured once Negru got a run of games i remembered many were disappointed when he was picked over SN once he was back fit, I remember the Stevenage away game we changed to a back 3 he got dropped out the side then when we went back to a 4 Moore & Brown partnership has worked well for us, obviously with Leigh + Long injures he got his chance again at Cheltenham but got bullied of the park then Peterborough got past him with great ease & last night once again he was to slow off the pace (no disrespect to him but his mannerisms gives off a player who is very sluggish). I don’t see him being the answer for us going forward Moore/Brown partnership with Negru & even Long at CB ahead of him

Very much our weak link at the backline when he plays, ever since the beginning of the season at Cambridge Bristol City then he got injured once Negru got a run of games i remembered many were disappointed when he was picked over SN once he was back fit, I remember the Stevenage away game we changed to a back 3 he got dropped out the side then when we went back to a 4 Moore & Brown partnership has worked well for us, obviously with Leigh + Long injures he got his chance again at Cheltenham but got bullied of the park then Peterborough got past him with great ease & last night once again he was to slow off the pace (no disrespect to him but his mannerisms gives off a player who is very sluggish). I don’t see him being the answer for us going forward Moore/Brown partnership with Negru & even Long at CB ahead of him
Agree Moore and Brown should be first choice CB pair at the moment. Thornily hasn't been the same player that he was when he came in on loan from Blackpool. Having said that I thought he had a good 45mins against Reading (other than the yellow card!) made two very good blocks.

Has mainly played when Brown is in the team at LB which doesn't do him many favours. Would be much more inclined to judge his performances when he's with a settled back four or five ideally with Leigh in it.

Can honestly say I never really saw what made him so popular. Not bad business on a free transfer but feel as though we went a bit early with him and might've found better with patience. Hasn't got the frame for a CB in a back 4 at this level. Not nearly imposing enough. Findlay was better defensively but obviously not the ball player the modern games insists on.

Can honestly say I never really saw what made him so popular. Not bad business on a free transfer but feel as though we went a bit early with him and might've found better with patience. Hasn't got the frame for a CB in a back 4 at this level. Not nearly imposing enough. Findlay was better defensively but obviously not the ball player the modern games insists on.
I didn't used to be that impressed but our defence noticeably declined last time he left the club so I ate humble pie. However, last night he was not great and unfortunately was not great against Peterborough either.

Back
Top Bottom