Ex Player Josh Ruffels

Played wherever he was asked to and always gave 100%.
Nailed a Left back slot despite being a natural midfielder.
Got forward well and scored a few crucial goals.
Thanks Ruffs! I wish you well.
A Great servant to the club and deserves his move.

Good luck Josh, a footballers career is very short and he deserves to make a few thousand at a Championship Club
I’m sure he was torn between staying here and trying for promotion and moving up but I know what I would do
Same applies to Branagan, Atkinson, Moore etc

What’s the average for a back up from the lower leagues pw?

I’d estimate around 8k before any form of appearance bonus / goals etc.

£500k a year for a 27 year old reserve left back who has never played at the level and has only been a left back for a couple of years, Huddersfield are not exactly likely to be up the top challenging either yet can still pay that out during a world pandemic.

Nothing to worry about if we do ever get promoted obviously though.

Dreamboat FC has lost its captain. A sad day.

Farewell, sweet prince.

Once more, for old time’s sake.
7b88f4dcfb5de97ea51a4e535f16de21.jpg

£500k a year for a 27 year old reserve left back who has never played at the level and has only been a left back for a couple of years, Huddersfield are not exactly likely to be up the top challenging either yet can still pay that out during a world pandemic.

Nothing to worry about if we do ever get promoted obviously though.

Will not Be anywhere near that. Reckon £5k a week tops. £260k plus bonuses up to £300k. Huge increase on what he’s on now but no where near £500k.

My take is that we can do better. However we can also do a lot lot worse. Solid 7/10 most weeks and have to get replacement right.
So you think we can do better than a solid 7/10 most weeks? How many Oxford players during your time as a supporter have done better than that? 8/10 plus most weeks? If I consider players who have appeared more than a handful of times over the last several decades, I could probably count them on the figures of one hand. If we achieve a 7/10 replacement, great! Btw, I'd be happy to give Elechi a chance. In brief appearances, he looks a terrific prospect.

It's a shame to see 6/10, 7/10, at 28 he won't improve posts, about a player that was highly regarded. If Ledson and Rothwell can 'cut it' in the Championship then I'm sure Ruffels can. He will improve if he is regularly playing against better players. If only that header against Coventry went in.
My thoughts are with RyanioBirdio at this difficult time.

Sorry to see him go,thanks Josh best of luck. We need a Kenny type of signing now.

Wonder whether they might use him further forward on that LHS?

He was described on the Huddersfield website:

"He has the ability to create chances for his teammates, but also wants to keep the ball out the back of the net."

Pretty telling that even they only gave him the capability for one of those things, and just the desire to do the other.

Seems like the way they play, he's more important going forward for them than he is at the back.

Will not Be anywhere near that. Reckon £5k a week tops. £260k plus bonuses up to £300k. Huge increase on what he’s on now but no where near £500k.
Highly unlikely, the AVERAGE wage in the Championship recently was around 26-29,000 a week. That is before signing on fee, appearances and other bonuses.

The AVERAGE in league one is now basic 5,000. As a free transfer, the wage is always higher as there is no transfer fee.

So 10k a week is certainly plausible

I would say £200,000 signing on fee and £15,000 to £18,000 a week Curtis Nelson on £28,000 plus bonuses .Well done to him I hope he surprises a few 👍

Back
Top Bottom