Local News Kassam to become a vaccine hub

That's Oxford Mail reporting for you...
A bit like another news story in the Oxford fail
“ David Beckhams deli saves post office in Burford “ what it should have said was the Delu that the obnoxious Beckhams use occasionally have saved Burford’s post office.

Why are vaccination centres indoors, wouldn't they be safer if they were drive through or outdoors. I know of one person who was pinged from being in the queue.

There will be completely separate access points for the football club and the vaccination centre, which I assume will be in the conference centre. And that's assuming it will still operate on matchdays.

There will be absolutely no risk to the players or club personnel.

hope youre right.... over at Newbury racecourse the Vaccination centre closes on racedays ....

A bit like another news story in the Oxford fail
“ David Beckhams deli saves post office in Burford “ what it should have said was the Delu that the obnoxious Beckhams use occasionally have saved Burford’s post office.
I’m sure your post was “ tongue in cheek”.
Do you know the Beckhams ?
Do you have first hand experience of dealings with them ?

OM are reporting that the Kassam will be a vaccine hub, 16k vaccines a day!

Start date TBC.

Keep up Eaststandboy - this is my post from the 'Getting the Crowds back in' on 23 November last year - I am so in the know!
From the list I've seen at work today, there's going to be a constant stream of people coming to the stadium over the next few months for their vaccinations.

It won't be the most painful experience that we've had at that venue - Boom boom!

ST Holders first??

There are c.1200 local vaccination sites (LVS) i.e. GP surgeries, health centres etc. and 51 large Vaccination Centres (VC) i.e. sports arenas, showgrounds etc. with c.100 extra VCs due to come on line in the next 2-3 weeks. It was total and utter mayhem before Christmas but now is more of a controlled chaos and I have to say, the roll-out from zero sites to c1,350 sites dispensing nearly 300,000 vaccinations a day in 6 weeks has been very impressive. You're all very welcome :)

Keep up Eaststandboy - this is my post from the 'Getting the Crowds back in' on 23 November last year - I am so in the know!

There are c.1200 local vaccination sites (LVS) i.e. GP surgeries, health centres etc. and 51 large Vaccination Centres (VC) i.e. sports arenas, showgrounds etc. with c.100 extra VCs due to come on line in the next 2-3 weeks. It was total and utter mayhem before Christmas but now is more of a controlled chaos and I have to say, the roll-out from zero sites to c1,350 sites dispensing nearly 300,000 vaccinations a day in 6 weeks has been very impressive. You're all very welcome :)

Dare we ask what it is you do? I should think lots of folk involved with temporary structures/mobile events must have got the call. They knocked one of our hospital VC`s up in 3 days!! Impressive to see it take shape, just don`t lean on the walls!! :) (y)

Dare we ask what it is you do? I should think lots of folk involved with temporary structures/mobile events must have got the call. They knocked one of our hospital VC`s up in 3 days!! Impressive to see it take shape, just don`t lean on the walls!! :) (y)

Ensuring there is data connectivity at all the sites so that patient information can be accessed and vaccination records kept up to date.

A lot of the sites already have the necessary infrastructure but about 30% of the non-NHS ones don’t so it’s a case of getting it installed ASAP. Showgrounds and car parks might be good for patient access and general space but they don’t have much in the way of existing broadband and wi-fi 😡

Ensuring there is data connectivity at all the sites so that patient information can be accessed and vaccination records kept up to date.

A lot of the sites already have the necessary infrastructure but about 30% of the non-NHS ones don’t so it’s a case of getting it installed ASAP. Showgrounds and car parks might be good for patient access and general space but they don’t have much in the way of existing broadband and wi-fi 😡

Thank you. (y)

Thatll be the breeze block included then .... its a crap wi fi signal in the cold soulless monstrosity

Cool, someone with a useful job!

You’re right - a separate connection to the existing one has been needed 😀
It's another reason why the stadium is not up to standard as a conference and meeting venue. Something which a new ground complex would have addressed as a normal requisite to it's function.

Surely the toilets can be transferred to the new ground?* They are the only part of the Grenoble Road stadium that has character, some of it deposited by my good self.

* I expect a health and safety backlash against this, nanny state snowdrop bastards.

It's another reason why the stadium is not up to standard as a conference and meeting venue. Something which a new ground complex would have addressed as a normal requisite to it's function.
Correct - Good wifi is now a pre-requisite for most people. When booking a hotel or holiday accommodation, it's in people's top three must haves these days. The stadium point though is just laziness and/or unwillingness to spend on it, not a major investment to get decent wifi in the whole area.

Correct - Good wifi is now a pre-requisite for most people. When booking a hotel or holiday accommodation, it's in people's top three must haves these days. The stadium point though is just laziness and/or unwillingness to spend on it, not a major investment to get decent wifi in the whole area.
It's always been an issue including for instance a 4G phone signal - it used to be a regular complaint that people couldn't connect up to check half time scores. Solution was to step down to 3G and use that.

So is it that there are just too many people all trying to use the WIFI or 4G at once.

For Wifi would you need boosters all round the ground for it to work in all the stands?

Is there a difference between for instance 200 people at a conference checking their emails during a coffee break, and 3000 people trying to watch goal highlights and bandwidth heavy usage from around the ground?

It's always been an issue including for instance a 4G phone signal - it used to be a regular complaint that people couldn't connect up to check half time scores. Solution was to step down to 3G and use that.

So is it that there are just too many people all trying to use the WIFI or 4G at once.

For Wifi would you need boosters all round the ground for it to work in all the stands?

Is there a difference between for instance 200 people at a conference checking their emails during a coffee break, and 3000 people trying to watch goal highlights and bandwidth heavy usage from around the ground?
Yes to all of that - and wifi usage contention at halftime is a very fair point!

I suspect that the conference facility has good wifi in place but the main stadium doesn't and having thought about it more, you can see why:

Conference facility - smallish area, heavy footfall in normal times, a clear business need/customer requirement, can be provided at minimal cost - c.£3-5k per annum

Stadium - large area, only populated c.25 times a year for 2 hours, customers will still come because they want to watch the football, high cost - c.£20-30k per annum

Back
Top Bottom