LGEN: Legal and General

So CTY goes ex-dividend today with a dividend per share of 4.8p, and the share price goes down by 5p. Net effect you are down 0.2p per share.
No, As todays price is 398p and my average purchase is 362 so i am up 9% still.

No, As todays price is 398p and my average purchase is 362 so i am up 9% still.
If you held 1000 shares yesterday they were worth 402.5 per share = £4025.00.
Today the price is 397.5 = £3,975, and you will get a cash dividend on 31 August of 1000 x 4.8p = £48. total £4023.00
If you sell the shares today you will still receive the dividend. if you had sold them yesterday you wouldn't get the dividend.

That happens a lot although recovery usually takes place soon after. My pensions adviser said he prefers growth stocks like Scottish Mortgage that have shown year on year growth.
CTY has certainly been good to me over the last year and there has been substantial capital growth over the last year together with nice dividends.
MNG has shown remarkable growth with great dividends too. I think it can be justifiably argued that it is not sustainable.
Taylor Wimpey reported yesterday and announced the second dividend this year of 4.14p per share. On a share price currently £1.69 that is not a bad return in a quality stock.
Its very hard to time the market, but LGEN is a quality stock that has produced good returns down the years. I agree with most investors that if you can invest for the long term you do well. Unfortunately too many investors end up paying the brokers too much in fees for small transactions

MNG is doing even better with a capital gain as well as a lovely dividend

Seriously peeps , if you’ve inherited or have lump sums from pensions, then you need proper financial advice where to invest.

Not punts from amateur stock pickers. If you have a bit of spare pocket money then that’s up to you.

Seriously peeps , if you’ve inherited or have lump sums from pensions, then you need proper financial advice where to invest.

Not punts from amateur stock pickers. If you have a bit of spare pocket money then that’s up to you.
For me it is the latter, a bit like gambling on horses, football etc for others i suppose.

I have my pension that i contribute too. These are just little extras that may or may not make money.

I think it is important to consider risk first and foremost. It’s fair to say that companies like Legal and General who have made more than £2billion have been ahead of the game for many years and provided a good return for their investors.
Some of the pension funds, Vanguard, I understand have plummeted in value. Hopefully longer term it may do better, as my advisors put me on to them

Back
Top Bottom