Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

Of course - trying to book online doesn't tell you what block 'seats 1492 & 1493' are going to be in.........I'll have to ring the ticket office for the first time in 10 years to get them in Block 28.
I understand we have sold out initial allocation so blocks 28 and 30 are now on sale. Of course there is nothing to stop anyone contacting the ticket office to swap blocks or specify a certain block.

I actually don't really like the idea that you have to do X / spend Y to be a supporter. All sorts of people follow or support a football club and in many ways. Not all give them financial support, in fact some just check the results from a continent away, but they can all call themselves supporters of that club. (I guess you can buy a shirt if you are in London / the Azores).
Fan vs supporter.

I'm not judging, but there is a difference and to a club like OUFC, it’s a vital one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course - trying to book online doesn't tell you what block 'seats 1492 & 1493' are going to be in.........I'll have to ring the ticket office for the first time in 10 years to get them in Block 28.
They are, as I often experience, very obliging to those who ask!

I actually disagree on that ( and a lot of people wont agree with me!)
So to me the Man U 'supporter' who has never set foot in Mamchester and has never seen them play is not a Supporter'. Sure they follow them but that is different to me to those who actually watch them play ( home or away once or twice a season)
As someone else said, maybe that's a fan, rather than a supporter. Anyway it is basically a leisure pursuit and I don't want to be judgey about it. I have a season ticket but live nearby and am too lazy to go to away games, so I can't claim any great moral virtue.

I actually don't really like the idea that you have to do X / spend Y to be a supporter. All sorts of people follow or support a football club and in many ways. Not all give them financial support, in fact some just check the results from a continent away, but they can all call themselves supporters of that club. (I guess you can buy a shirt if you are in London / the Azores).
In my view, you are only SUPPORTING a club if you do it in some sort of financial way.
If not you can be a Fan/follower of a club by checking results etc

.... which is not surprising when you get incidents like that at sheff weds at the weekend...
You can't treat everyone the same because of actions of a small minority though, we don't accept that in other walks of life so why with football supporters?

Without groups of younger men there will be little to no atmosphere.

I understand we have sold out initial allocation so blocks 28 and 30 are now on sale. Of course there is nothing to stop anyone contacting the ticket office to swap blocks or specify a certain block.
Is there any chance of getting the club to start an OUFCTickets twitter account that does updates like this? Or get the SLO account to do it? It's great that some people know certain things, but would definitely be useful for the wider fanbase to know, especially in cases like this game, where there appears to be a bit of resentment about the positioning of the initial allocation.

Derby have one that basically just retweets ticket info but it saves scrolling through numerous website articles, other tweets and in the past has given sales figure updates, what blocks are available etc.

You can't treat everyone the same because of actions of a small minority though, we don't accept that in other walks of life so why with football supporters?

Without groups of younger men there will be little to no atmosphere.
Yes you’re right, younger guys provide a lot of the noise and give the atmosphere we all enjoy, as long as they don’t behave like arseholes they should be encouraged to attend.

Is there any chance of getting the club to start an OUFCTickets twitter account that does updates like this? Or get the SLO account to do it? It's great that some people know certain things, but would definitely be useful for the wider fanbase to know, especially in cases like this game, where there appears to be a bit of resentment about the positioning of the initial allocation.

Derby have one that basically just retweets ticket info but it saves scrolling through numerous website articles, other tweets and in the past has given sales figure updates, what blocks are available etc.
The information on ticket sales can be sourced from both the OUFC ticket office and by phoning MK Dons direct. This is what I did to find out which blocks were being offered to OUFC supporters and in what numbers. OUFC ticket office staff were kind enough to inform me of the status for which blocks they had ticket availability. MK Dons SLO, Oona Carmichael, other than informing me that block 29 was open for away support, was not forthcoming with any explanation as to why the blocks behind the goal were not available. Blocks 25 through 30 are designated away support areas. I had been hoping that representation to MK Dons by OUFC would have produced a more positive reaction however, to date, nothing has been made public.

As we supporters have seen over the years at many grounds, away support is, all too often, treated with indifference and our money appears to have no sway over how we are allocated seating.
I have hopes that OUFC will be among the first to treat away fans with more respect thus reducing stress on the day with less aggravation for stewards, a reduction in policing costs and reciprocal arrangements for our travelling support. All football fans deserve to be treated with respect and, as paying customers, not as a nuisance or as a troublesome element of the match day arrangements.

The information on ticket sales can be sourced from both the OUFC ticket office and by phoning MK Dons direct.
I'm sure both ticket offices would prefer that sales info and updates were posted on a regular basis on one or more social media platforms than have dozens of people phoning them on a daily basis to ask about the current availability.

The information on ticket sales can be sourced from both the OUFC ticket office and by phoning MK Dons direct. This is what I did to find out which blocks were being offered to OUFC supporters and in what numbers. OUFC ticket office staff were kind enough to inform me of the status for which blocks they had ticket availability. MK Dons SLO, Oona Carmichael, other than informing me that block 29 was open for away support, was not forthcoming with any explanation as to why the blocks behind the goal were not available. Blocks 25 through 30 are designated away support areas. I had been hoping that representation to MK Dons by OUFC would have produced a more positive reaction however, to date, nothing has been made public.

As we supporters have seen over the years at many grounds, away support is, all too often, treated with indifference and our money appears to have no sway over how we are allocated seating.
I have hopes that OUFC will be among the first to treat away fans with more respect thus reducing stress on the day with less aggravation for stewards, a reduction in policing costs and reciprocal arrangements for our travelling support. All football fans deserve to be treated with respect and, as paying customers, not as a nuisance or as a troublesome element of the match day arrangements.
Exactly why better information in website pieces or broadcast through the various social channels would be more beneficial for all.

That's a lot of potential phonecalls over a season.

Does anyone know the latest on which blocks are currently available? I'm looking to get a few tickets this afternoon.

No worries if not, as hopefully the ticket office should be able to advise

Cheers in advance

Everton also have a very active group who go about reselling tickets. Those on the group and who have history, have got tickets for the derby v the red shite .

They also advise on allocations, blocks and sections, etc.

Away fans can't sit behind the goal. Any other teams operate this ?

Back
Top Bottom