NHS Covid-19 app

Will you download the app?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like that last idea. ?
Oh, don't worry, they are doing a grand job all by themselves.

Very depressing, an opportunity to show how they can deal with a cataclysmic event and they come up short. Even worse, Labour have a leader who knows when to say absolutely b****r all and still come out looking good.

But what if the officer gets Covid-19 and has been in close contact with a member of public ON and OFF duty?

while the idea of track n trace etc via this app is a good one ... thing is ,although it (the app) has NHS as a prefix, its nowt to do with NHS, and its a half (Han) cocked set up at best... it only 'works' on specific makes/ models & set ups of hand held devices, missing well over half, possibly 2/3 of the UK population , even if all who were able/ capable of downloading it and it actually worked as it should, the figure of those missing from the system would be close to 2/3 of the population Idve thought

Battery drain by Bluetooth is a myth, there will be loads of sources about this . Maybe the software itself is causing an issue?
Well it's certainly *does* cause battery drain, whatever the reason (on my Android phone at least - I can't speak for anyone else). I can notice the quite marked difference. I shall leave it off and turn it on for the few times I am out and about.
I have just been down to the far end of Cornwall to visit my mum (brought you all a pasty back :) ) and had it on when I took her to the supermarket and garden centre and when I stopped at service stations each way. But I wasn't within 2m of *anyone* (apart from her, and I suspect germs wouldn't *dare* go anywhere near her!) for a solid 15 minutes on any of those occasions - that is quite a long time! I guess it's really for those going out to work, pub/restaurant users and those on public transport.

Anyone know why the app doesn't use GPS to keep track of where I am and warn me if I enter a high risk area? Would have thought such a feature would be beneficial.

Anyone know why the app doesn't use GPS to keep track of where I am and warn me if I enter a high risk area? Would have thought such a feature would be beneficial.
Have you seen all the data scare mongering and people thinking the Government would use the app to spy on them?

If location services was used, that would tip them over the edge.

BTW, they probably use a Google or Apple smart phone, with Facebook, maybe TikTok installed. Yet worried about a health app. D*CKS

You can manually edit the postcode and it changes.

Back
Top Bottom