Sport Olympic Games - Tokyo 2020

Team GB women in the team freestyle 4x400 qualified in style for the final in 1st place in their heat, setting a new British record in the process ..... could be in the frame for a medal in the final

Watched some this morning, I like the games but blimey is there some nonsense nowadays.

This morning there was golf: men's individual stroke play apparently, which was at least appropriately named.

This was followed by something utterly unfathomable which turned out to be windsurfing. Our lady came second which earned her a bronze medal.

The likes of Pedri, Eric Garcia, Unai Simon and Pau Torres must be knackered. They make the semis of the Euros and now make up the numbers for the Spain Olympic squad.

Give them a break, someone!
I was hearing on the radio that there is a law in Spain that if players are picked and fit they have to appear in the Olympics.
Koeman isn't impressed apparently

I enjoy the Olympics overall. Lots of sports you never see normally, but lots of amateurs who work incredibly hard for their 5 minutes of fame.
It's just a real shame that there haven't been crowds to see this.

I enjoy the Olympics overall. Lots of sports you never see normally, but lots of amateurs who work incredibly hard for their 5 minutes of fame.
It's just a real shame that there haven't been crowds to see this.

Same. It’s odd the things you end up emotionally invested in. Taekwondo for example had me cheering on the British athletes as they kept advancing.

I still can’t fathom dressage though. It’s jolly impressive how the riders get the horses to do those manoeuvres but I can’t fathom the point of it all. Who thought that that level or horsemanship was ever needed and could be made into a sport?!

Same. It’s odd the things you end up emotionally invested in. Taekwondo for example had me cheering on the British athletes as they kept advancing.

I still can’t fathom dressage though. It’s jolly impressive how the riders get the horses to do those manoeuvres but I can’t fathom the point of it all. Who thought that that level or horsemanship was ever needed and could be made into a sport?!
Found myself half watching all kinds of sports (and cheering on team GB )

its wearing me out watching the cycling .... brilliant gold meadeal win by Walls in the origami , or whatever it is, series of races

Back
Top Bottom