Votes: 13 31.0%

Votes: 7 16.7%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Could and should have clamped down betteron Burtons blatant thuggery ..... some nasty late challenges unpunished...that apart did let the game flow, a 7 from me

Could and should have clamped down betteron Burtons blatant thuggery ..... some nasty late challenges unpunished...that apart did let the game flow, a 7 from me
Was going to post the same sentiments! He clearly lost control and discipline went leading to some very nasty tackling. Sour grapes from Burton?

He was fine, missed a bit but by and large on the money. He booked the players that had to be booked and I don't know where people are seeing a "loss of control". Sometimes you just have to look at the players being a bunch of absolute whoppers.
Here's the thing with Burton (or any team who loses their heads and starts kicking). Everyone howling "You need to send one of them off to show a message" is all well and good, but if a referee only has yellow card challenges to punish (which they all were, in fairness) then you can't just flash a red to show a precedent...that's not how the system works.
What you can do is talk to and warn the captain/manager. And put it in your report.

Only a five from me, may have been an 8 but for the dangerous fouls that went unpunished for far to long and the possible red card he should have given

He was fine, missed a bit but by and large on the money. He booked the players that had to be booked and I don't know where people are seeing a "loss of control". Sometimes you just have to look at the players being a bunch of absolute whoppers.
Here's the thing with Burton (or any team who loses their heads and starts kicking). Everyone howling "You need to send one of them off to show a message" is all well and good, but if a referee only has yellow card challenges to punish (which they all were, in fairness) then you can't just flash a red to show a precedent...that's not how the system works.
What you can do is talk to and warn the captain/manager. And put it in your report.
I think he shouldve given a couple more than the 2 yellow cards that he did give today ....agree there were many challenges/ late challenges etc ( from Burton players) that did warrant a yellow card , some persistantly , by the same player too

....given todays referee has given 34 yellows in 12 L1 games before today, his 2 yellows in today's game were underpar for his average .... IMO ;)

Overall decent game. I think he should have been stronger on some of the challenges by Burton particularly the backing through a jumping players legs and risking serious back injury (Akins and Hemmings spring to mind). Brilliant decision on our 1st goal though when Matty Taylor wasn't having been taken out by their defender off the ball.

Thought he was ok first half, albeit missing a few fouls on Taylor. Second half Burton got very brutish and started throwing out some dangerous challenges at 3-0 down, really not sure the reason for it but they seemed determined to injure our players for the playoffs. A few more yellows could easily have been given out and a bit more protection for our players needed IMO.

Steady 7 from me, seen worse, seen better. We won, made the playoffs so they probably gained a point!

You'll be pleased to know he brandished the yellow card four time today.....
above his average then .... I stand corrected... though Im not changing his rating from 7 ( which was a tad generous at the time- due to the U's making the playoffs etc) :sneaky:

Overall decent game. I think he should have been stronger on some of the challenges by Burton particularly the backing through a jumping players legs and risking serious back injury (Akins and Hemmings spring to mind). Brilliant decision on our 1st goal though when Matty Taylor wasn't having been taken out by their defender off the ball.
Having watched a replay I'll go with that. Or ref didn't see it.

I'd given him a 6 when I thought that he'd only booked two of Burton's players, but given that he wasn't too lenient, booked four of them, and generally let the game flow, I've upped him to 7.

Brilliant from matty taylor for the 1st. The guy blocked/held him so matty just threw him to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom