Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Missed a few, ignored a few ....didnt headbutt anyone ...had a reasonablish game 6 from me

Being the most important person on the pitch seems to be his thing. Being a fair arbiter of the game came second. Playing the advantage became a lottery and judging injuries to be life threatening a hobby.

3 from me and I don't wish to see him again this season, or next, or ever.

Did anyone think that after giving the Gillingham keeper a yellow for time wasting he would ever in a million years give him a second if he did it again? Has any ref ever actually done that?
I thought the Sykes penalty was indeed a stonewall pen. Their defender just took him out.
Too self important, could play advantage, the drop ball incident was farcical.
Rubbish - albeit not quite as completely awful as he usually is.

I actually thought he was ok yea he missed Sykes penalty was definitely a penalty but then he would have had to sent the gills player off last man I think the tackle on Brannigan looked nasty but the ref didn’t think so Taylor nearly had his shirt ripped of his back but that’s ok so I’m going for 2

Just because he wasn't as bad as he often is doesn't mean that he still wasn't awful.

I actually thought he was ok yea he missed Sykes penalty was definitely a penalty but then he would have had to sent the gills player off last man I think the tackle on Brannigan looked nasty but the ref didn’t think so Taylor nearly had his shirt ripped of his back but that’s ok so I’m going for 2

That tackle on Cam looked a straight red to me. Totally out of control, off the ground, and very late.

That tackle on Cam looked a straight red to me. Totally out of control, off the ground, and very late.
I think everyone in the ground thought the same except the ref unfortunately

Not seen the replay but on first viewing it didn’t appear as bad as Taylor’s tackle late on against Wycombe. The other tackle (in the loose term) that immediately sprang to mind, given the personnel involved, was McDonald’s attempt a few years ago whilst playing for us against the Swindon keeper. Win some, lose some.

With the memory of the Wycombe ref still being fresh, I thought Mr Drysdale wasn’t too bad in comparison. He at least showed some authority early on when Gillingham did that thing most teams tend to do in the first 15 mins (“let’s test the water and see how much can we get away with today”) and wasn’t shown to be a complete fool with some of the delaying tactics later on (on one occasion telling a downed player to get up). True that he didn’t do us any favours with the penalty decision (given more often than not?) and failed to play a critical advantage (inexcusable).

I was reminded of his attack on a player during the game, then later whilst walking back through the car park spotted his car due to a personalised number plate. Neither are good ideas for a ref and suggest there’s someone with an ego.

Not seen the replay but on first viewing it didn’t appear as bad as Taylor’s tackle late on against Wycombe. The other tackle (in the loose term) that immediately sprang to mind, given the personnel involved, was McDonald’s attempt a few years ago whilst playing for us against the Swindon keeper. Win some, lose some.

With the memory of the Wycombe ref still being fresh, I thought Mr Drysdale wasn’t too bad in comparison. He at least showed some authority early on when Gillingham did that thing most teams tend to do in the first 15 mins (“let’s test the water and see how much can we get away with today”) and wasn’t shown to be a complete fool with some of the delaying tactics later on (on one occasion telling a downed player to get up). True that he didn’t do us any favours with the penalty decision (given more often than not?) and failed to play a critical advantage (inexcusable).

I was reminded of his attack on a player during the game, then later whilst walking back through the car park spotted his car due to a personalised number plate. Neither are good ideas for a ref and suggest there’s someone with an ego.

I missed the Wycombe game so can't comment on that.

From the view of iFollow he was pretty decent. Consistent in his decision making, albeit maybe a little lenient at times which benefited them more than us. The bit that wound me up was never allowing perfectly legal quick free kicks. 3 times i think we were in and he called it back because he and Gills weren't ready.

Clearly some sort of EFL guidance given to the refs to not give penalties to OUFC - maybe even Sykes specifically. Pretty sure he's had a decent and valid pen shout in each of the last 4 games not given. Never seen a player with such bad luck if you take into account his record in front of goal too.

Back
Top Bottom