Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
A strong referee was needed ...we get a weakling

Consistant -ish for 80mins ....then descended into farcical with his handling of the game for the last 10+8 mins

3 from me

Had a stinker. No authority. Lost control completely at the end.
Easy peasy from me-sy a threesy.

It's tricky because for the most part he was consistent - just consistently poor which played to Wycombe's hands. I actually felt sorry for him in parts because Wycombe were so good at the cheating side of the game. He got very little help from the assistants too.

But saying that, some of the decisions were SO poor, and missing what looked like a certain penalty on Sykes which would've completely changed the game, as well as letting The Beast sit and cry about a nosebleed 3 feet from the sideline for so long, it's a generous 3 from me.

The ref gets a 1 from me he was useless how he gets to ref in the football league I dunno he missed so much cheating players nearly having the shirts pulled of their back he was useless

Sarginson made the likes of Drysdale and Kettle look like Pierlugi Collina today.

That was a shocking and shameful refereeing performance today. He was utterly abysmal.

The game needed a strong, decisive referee, ready to make it clear who was in charge right from the start.
Instead we got a weak, indecisive ref who at times only seemed to make decisions when the either the players or fans convinced him to. Contributed to a very frustrating watch today, poor.

Minor point maybe but he seemed to have a very inconsistent approach to whistle blowing to restart the match at set pieces etc, sometimes he blew, sometimes he didn't, to the point where players looked confused.

Difficult game to referee, because if you start giving free kicks for every infringement there would be about 100 each half when Wycombe are playing. I think their number 8 had about 3 final warnings and had there been VAR he would've been sent off.

He missed a blatant pen and then booked brannagan when their player stamped on his hand. He let players wrestle and throw each other over on pretty much every corner. He let obvious fouls go and gave fouls when there was nothing in it. He let them time waste and booked Stevens for taking a free kick in the wrong place. Apart from that he was fantastic....

Difficult game to referee, because if you start giving free kicks for every infringement there would be about 100 each half when Wycombe are playing. I think their number 8 had about 3 final warnings and had there been VAR he would've been sent off.

Simple solution, book players early and if they persist then give them a 2nd yellow. It will concentrate the players' minds.

Stand in for Martin Foy. We think the likes of Kettle are bad, that bloke was unbelievable, Wycombe got away with murder, play acting, time wasting, not gave a blatant penalty. The worrying point is, we still have the other lot to come.
Absolute Disgrace

He was terrible.

I thought he actually contributed to the poor game - by not stopping *any* of the shirt-pulling and WWE style wrestling, he encouraged it to continue. And then went crazy with his yellow card towards the end. I don't know if the Sykes incident was a pen (although it looked like one) - I suspect the ref had no idea either, given his performance throughout the rest of the game. He wasn't biased one way of the other, just utterly utterly crap. I have been very generous and given him a 2.

I hope we never get him again and pity anyone that does.

'admitting' ^^ his ineptitude, after the event, is no excuse for being inconsistent, easily conned and being (evidently) incapable of ensuring FA rules are applied

He clearly hasn't learnt from that occasion for which he has no excuses.

Total waste, I know Matty has dark arts in winning fouls but there were times his shirt was almost ripped of his back, Last week was bad enough with Huxtable but this fella is up there with him and kettle

Back
Top Bottom