General Oxford mail if our best players had stayed

4-3-3 is essentially a 4-5-1 anyway with wingers pushed up. Who would you take out for Henry?
Hmm, well you're going to want some goals from your midfield and lots of assists, so he should get in. Maybe Ledson would drop out as we have Cam and Lundstram, or if it's based on their time with us Henry would edge it over Rothwell.

If it's not based on their time with us it gets less fun, I think, and you'd include people like Matt le Tissier and Mark Wright who we never saw playing for us.
When did we own Matt Le Tissier? Also would he be very good today? He’s a bit old.

Also it’s from 2016 to 2021. So the last 5 years. What would be the best team we could field, today, from players that we’ve owned (i.e if we hadn’t had to sell anyone) since 2016. But they’re all playing as they are today.

• React
Reactions: m
It must be last few years only because I can't see Michael Duberry in any of these squads.

Recent years
Eastwood
Baldock Dickie Nelson Johnson
Ledson Lundstram Brannagan
Whyte Roofe Browne

Based on their time at Oxford only, then Brannagan just pips it out of the 2 for his additional attacking ability.

Lego, once settled, appears to have been very good at Preston so tricky if including that.
Ledson's goal at Charlton
Crowd went slightly mental, obviously not the Home fans
We told the youngsters with us one day you'll tell your kids about this

So, apparently its just players we owned, not loaned. So no Baldock or Browne. There aren’t so many I’m sobbing about bar Roofe and Dickie, I dont particularly miss Odowda, Ledson, and Johnson though you have to have Baptiste in there.

Back
Top Bottom