Pleasant dividend ...

CTY I’ve got nearly £10000 in. It’s produced a capital profit of £1200 but in the meantime has given dividends of £480…so around £1700 in total.
My plan is to be build the portfolio with mostly dividend stocks in good companies. Currently I’ve got Vodafone which fell by 10% soon after buying but should be ok for the longer term.
other holdings are BP and Taylor Wimpey.
My non dividend stock is Byotrol. Have 20000 shares in that and less exposure to loss than the others. My hope is that because it’s a cash rich business and manufacturing anti viral products in good numbers should start to expand, maybe producing a dividend or be subject to takeover. They have some clever people running it who’ve worked their magic elsewhere.I’ve held it for over a year and will just be patient as I have faith in it.

CTY I’ve got nearly £10000 in. It’s produced a capital profit of £1200 but in the meantime has given dividends of £480…so around £1700 in total.
My plan is to be build the portfolio with mostly dividend stocks in good companies. Currently I’ve got Vodafone which fell by 10% soon after buying but should be ok for the longer term.
other holdings are BP and Taylor Wimpey.
My non dividend stock is Byotrol. Have 20000 shares in that and less exposure to loss than the others. My hope is that because it’s a cash rich business and manufacturing anti viral products in good numbers should start to expand, maybe producing a dividend or be subject to takeover. They have some clever people running it who’ve worked their magic elsewhere.I’ve held it for over a year and will just be patient as I have faith in it.
It’s basically fantasy football for money isn’t it. It sounds fun but I wouldn’t have a clue. I’ve got a chunk of dosh that a financial adviser deals with, I trust him and it does ok but I don’t follow individual shares.

It’s basically fantasy football for money isn’t it. It sounds fun but I wouldn’t have a clue. I’ve got a chunk of dosh that a financial adviser deals with, I trust him and it does ok but I don’t follow individual shares.
Yes depends how involved you want to be and the cost your paying the adviser.

Understand your reticence.
Investment Trusts are safer because they are more diversified. CTY invest in a wide range of companies at home and abroad. They have increased their dividends year on year so I consider they represent value. dividends of 4.8%pa paid four times a year

Back
Top Bottom