Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly did for me , the Season we went down to the Conference coincided with my 32nd birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ˜”
Gutted. Benefit of having a birthday on 2nd November. More often than not the closest match is against a lower/non-league side in the FA Cup 1st Round.

Gutted. Benefit of having a birthday on 2nd November. More often than not the closest match is against a lower/non-league side in the FA Cup 1st Round.
Oh me too , Its Nov 23 Rd ( Ipswich at home 1985 and Leeds milk Cup83 the highlight as a young boy)
I meant the year of me being 32 !!

Oh me too , Its Nov 23 Rd ( Ipswich at home 1985 and Leeds milk Cup83 the highlight as a young boy)
I meant the year of me being 32 !!
Mine is mid-August, so occasionally have the first game of the season. Only one I remember was in the top flight, when we beat Pompey 4-2 (Billy Whitehurst grabbing a couple)

Mine is mid-August, so occasionally have the first game of the season. Only one I remember was in the top flight, when we beat Pompey 4-2 (Billy Whitehurst grabbing a couple)
First game of the season , Big Billy was going to smash it !! Think he scored another 3 or 4 all season and we went down !!

First game of the season , Big Billy was going to smash it !! Think he scored another 3 or 4 all season and we went down !!

He tore Liverpool apart at Anfield for the time he was on the pitch, absolutely terrifying their defence and we were well on top as a result. It was his debut iirc or early on in his Oxford career. Unfortunately he injured his back after about 30 minutes and went off, remaining out injured for quite a long time after iirc. Liverpool then got on top and won comfortably when we were without the nutter up top.

It really felt like we had a potentially superb player until he went off and I don't remember him ever getting near that performance for us when he returned from injury.

Spotted on Facebook - no idea if legit or not. 18,000 is pretty big if that's an accurate figure...

Edit - just seen there's another thread on this, I'm miles behind!
1641757810861.png

The plans have gone in for an extra stand............................................. at CPF...
When (if) United move to Stratfield Brake, perhaps Kassam could lease his stadium to City, assuming they continue their amazing progress up the pyramid? (I remember seeing them beat Stony Stratford Town 7-1 at Cutteslowe Park in 1990-91, when they were in the bottom division of the South Midlands League)

When (if) United move to Stratfield Brake, perhaps Kassam could lease his stadium to City, assuming they continue their amazing progress up the pyramid? (I remember seeing them beat Stony Stratford Town 7-1 at Cutteslowe Park in 1990-91, when they were in the bottom division of the South Midlands League)

Interesting thought but I can't see how City could afford the rent if it's a struggle for us.

Following on from that: I can't see Kassam dropping the rent when there's so much money to be made from the site by other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom