Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea.
Who knows what goes on in peoples heads as their mortality approaches.
He`s 66/67 or so, might want to leave his kids something?
Net worth of £300 million or so its a 10% retirement boost.

The site will be worth significantly more when free of Oxford United and approved for housing. Worth waiting a couple of years for!

How do I know Kassam's families inheritance isn't for sale? How do I know the ozone AND the stadium isn't for sale when the stadium itself isn't for sale and he's rejected every offer?

Just a hunch I guess!

He won't sell the stadium unless you were to offer millions above what it's worth, the Ozone is hardly Disneyland and that would be the same scenario. It's an absolute non-starter and pie in the sky to even imagine it.

It's like discussing whether the new board are going to buy the new Westgate and build our stadium on the roof, it's never going to happen (unfortunately!! 😆 ) .
Unfortunately I can see us still being at the ground for sometime yet. Nothing is a god given, no land has been acquired, no planning permission has been acquired, and the consortium have gone e very quiet. Now if the else were sorted rhere will be a time on this, the takeover should only be a formality but since it was leaked over a month ago it’s taking its time, people say Stratfield Brake in a village outside of Oxford is earmarked are we buying Stratfield Brake or are we leasing a plot and be paying for that. Then off course it’s the planning permission and all the in sundry that goes with that. These all take time so we will have to wait and see.

Kassam does not own the cinema, he sold it to Vue in 2005.
Another party involved if someone wanted to buy the whole site. And that’s before you even consider the cost of buying the stadium and then bringing it up to code, let alone finishing it.

Tricky. Costly.

So Vue obviously dealt with FK and offered enough ££`s for their shed lease.

So it can be done......

Another party involved if someone wanted to buy the whole site. And that’s before you even consider the cost of buying the stadium and then bringing it up to code, let alone finishing it.

Tricky. Costly.
Ryanbirdio
Do we know which of the other venues are owned or not owned by Mr K
For instance do the hotels pay him rent or do Hilton and Holiday Inn own them outright and the freehold?
This would apply to Hollywood Bowl and Frankie and Bennies etc
Asking because it could be that the Football Club could be one of only a few venues paying rent

Ryanbirdio
Do we know which of the other venues are owned or not owned by Mr K
For instance do the hotels pay him rent or do Hilton and Holiday Inn own them outright and the freehold?
This would apply to Hollywood Bowl and Frankie and Bennies etc
Asking because it could be that the Football Club could be one of only a few venues paying rent
They all operate under a licence. They all pay Kassam whether business is good or not.

Exactly, so what do you want OUFC to do? And, what do all those who are suggesting the club buy the whole Ozone want? It's all a non-starter. Not going to happen.
Buying the stadium is just not going to happen either.

So far there are very few solid, dare I say factual options.

A new ground in an unknown place near the City - 5-10 years off.
A new ground in an unknown place in the City - no chance.
A new ground built on the footprint of the current one - not impossible.

We`ll see who ends up close to reality.

I've made those options a bit easier to understand by providing the right answer for you!!

Nope you, like the rest of us, are just speculating.

Unless we are sat in another shiny new soulless dump somewhere in North Oxfordshire in 2026.

On the brightside it`ll be easier to get to for me.

None of you really know - although some of you are so much ITK that when it all happens you will not be posting on here much in the future.

Nope you, like the rest of us, are just speculating.

Unless we are sat in another shiny new soulless dump somewhere in North Oxfordshire in 2026.

On the brightside it`ll be easier to get to for me.

Don't assume that we are all as ignorant to the reality of the situation as you are.

The club has been working towards this for 2 years or more. There was even discussions about how the board were getting together at the end of the 2018/19 season when stadium options were presented to them. Those discussions led to 3 potential sites being identified and work has been carried out over the last 2 years to narrow that to one site. Considerable work has been carried out to agree in principle the sale and planning need to progress with plans drawn up and finances in place. This is far from speculation and actually very little has been hidden if you can only put the pieces of the jigsaw together.

And believe me, the plans are far from being a soulless dump, which says more about your tiresome negativity! We will have a stadium that will unite so many needs of the community and will be something that will go far beyond football.

I genuinely can't wait for the day when this goes public and we'll see just how wrong some have been.

Don't assume that we are all as ignorant to the reality of the situation as you are.

The club has been working towards this for 2 years or more. There was even discussions about how the board were getting together at the end of the 2018/19 season when stadium options were presented to them. Those discussions led to 3 potential sites being identified and work has been carried out over the last 2 years to narrow that to one site. Considerable work has been carried out to agree in principle the sale and planning need to progress with plans drawn up and finances in place. This is far from speculation and actually very little has been hidden if you can only put the pieces of the jigsaw together.

And believe me, the plans are far from being a soulless dump, which says more about your tiresome negativity! We will have a stadium that will unite so many needs of the community and will be something that will go far beyond football.

I genuinely can't wait for the day when this goes public and we'll see just how wrong some have been.
Look, you are probably right, and sound very convincing, but there’s just nothing solid to go on so it’s not surprising people keep raising the same objections. Let’s hope something substantial is announced soon.

Let's say FK wants £35-£40 million for the lot stadium, land, hotels, leisure and the like and will walk away.

Can anyone buy a 25 acre site in Oxford, with the tricky & difficult planning already done for that sort of price?

As a bonus it has a half built but functional football ground and tenants paying rent in several units.

Future bonus lots of houses are planned to be built around it.

Stranger things have happened.
To put this in context, pre-Covid the Kassam business's on the site posted accounts with Companies House showing annual profits totalling c£5m.

If this were a single publicly listed business on the FTSE All-Share index with today's average Price:Earnings ratio of 21 (so on average each company is valued at a multiple of 21 times annual profits), it would be valued at (21x£5m) = £ 105m.

Kassam's previous price of £13m on the stadium (annual profit £0.5m) is a multiple of 26 times annual profit (PE) suggesting his price for the site is (26x£5m) = £130m.

If FK sold for £40m as you suggest he would be effectively taking £65m to £90m out of (presumably) his kids inheritance and handing it over to Erick for the benefit of OUFC. I can't think of anything more unlikely!

To move forward we need to put Grenoble Road behind us because the numbers just don't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom