EPL Premier League footballer in trouble?

The media have gone very big on this and his club have confirmed that he’s suspended. For everybody including the police to have got this all that wrong would be quite incredible at this stage.

Knowing that his name would immediately get out, which it has, even saying and doing this much means the player isn’t going to shake this off.
Has the club released a public statement?

The club in question has not released a statement, so let's not name the club or names please.
Tbf ESB a club have released a statement saying they have suspended a player following a police investigation which has fuelled the rumours regarding which player it is. There are more than 1 31 year old ‘international’ at the club though.

An allegation of this kind is always going to bring the jury out before the court sits. Not one bit of evidence has been made public and yet, his career is over and why do these bastards text young girls???

Can we just hold off please and let the professionals involved get on with their work

The media have gone very big on this and his club have confirmed that he’s suspended. For everybody including the police to have got this all that wrong would be quite incredible at this stage.

Knowing that his name would immediately get out, which it has, even saying and doing this much means the player isn’t going to shake this off.
The club would have suspended him as soon as he was arrested, having learned their lesson from the Johnson/Sunderland saga.

His name will probably be tarnished irrespective of whether he's actually found guilty or not. If he's guilty he deserves everything that's coming to him, but I really do think society needs to tread more carefully when it comes to accusations of this nature.

If it is the players name that is quite shocking I always thought he was quite decent such a waste

Yep. On their site.

Tbf ESB a club have released a statement saying they have suspended a player following a police investigation which has fuelled the rumours regarding which player it is. There are more than 1 31 year old ‘international’ at the club though.
Very well hidden, I looked yesterday evening and pretty sure it was not posted.

2+2 may equal 4, but we still need to not name the player.

I'd be surprised if most people on here could spell his name correctly anyway..

Very well hidden, I looked yesterday evening and pretty sure it was not posted.

2+2 may equal 4, but we still need to not name the player.
Just out of interest (I won't post it, as anyone who still doesn't know who it is can pretty easily find out at this point, and don't want to cause you guys any hassle), I've seen a story up on the website of what appears to be a reputable news source in the alleged player's home country which makes it quite clear who the player is. Would posting that still have the potential to get you guys in trouble? Even though it's just second-hand presenting of the news?

Just out of interest (I won't post it, as anyone who still doesn't know who it is can pretty easily find out at this point, and don't want to cause you guys any hassle), I've seen a story up on the website of what appears to be a reputable news source in the alleged player's home country which makes it quite clear who the player is. Would posting that still have the potential to get you guys in trouble? Even though it's just second-hand presenting of the news?
It's not worth the risk I want to take, the information is available, so people can find it if they want.

Back
Top Bottom