National News Richard Branson

bazzer9461

God like member
Reading yesterday’s Sun ( yeah I know ) but reading an article titled SEA SIZE DOES MATTER, no it’s not about women moaning about pleasure but it’s a bout Dickie Branson and his new toy.

A 110,000 ton cruise ship that has 17 decks and can house 4169 passengers and crew. Fare enough it’s his money.

Last year during the first lockdown he was along with other asking the government for financial help because no flights were happening, they got it and were bailed out which is fare enough, but this cruise ship must have cost millions, surely he should have used this millions to offset any losses due to the pandemic. Yes it may and probably was ordered before the pandemic but to me this is greed. I hope these companies that the government have helped pay back the money they’ve been given with interest.

Really not sure what your point is Bazzer.

This is another one of his ventures (virgin voyages). Something that would have been committed to years before Covid.

I agree that the call for funding in the context of his personal wealth felt like an absolute cheek and thankfully I don’t think he got anything. I may be wrong.

But this liner is a completely separate business, albeit carrying the Virgin brand. One does not offset the other.

Really not sure what your point is Bazzer.

This is another one of his ventures (virgin voyages). Something that would have been committed to years before Covid.

I agree that the call for funding in the context of his personal wealth felt like an absolute cheek and thankfully I don’t think he got anything. I may be wrong.

But this liner is a completely separate business, albeit carrying the Virgin brand. One does not offset the other.
It’s still owned by Branson and that was what my point was about. He asked for money to help his aviation business but that ship must have cost near on if not more than a billion.

It’s still owned by Branson and that was what my point was about. He asked for money to help his aviation business but that ship must have cost near on if not more than a billion.

Sorry Baz, maybe I misunderstood.

I thought you were saying the money spent on this liner should instead have been used to support the airline.

That is not something that would have been possible.

Sorry Baz, maybe I misunderstood.

I thought you were saying the money spent on this liner should instead have been used to support the airline.

That is not something that would have been possible.
I assume that was because it was already in the middle of being built? I also think the airline industry did get help from the government

Back
Top Bottom