General Rob Atkinson

Excellent result for a ok tackler who looks pretty going forward and doesn't read the game well and reacts slowly.

He could make it division 2 if he's well coached and push on to big league; maybe. It would be a stretch, long stretch.

Begs a question about Moore, though. Ugly sister?

Good luck Rob, dont expect too much too soon. Any more we can pluck from non league

Why are so many fees "undisclosed" these days? It used to be an absolute rarity, now seems all too common.

It’s £1.6 million and 10% sell on. Well done OUFC for producing another gem, and the conveyer belt continues.

Why are so many fees "undisclosed" these days? It used to be an absolute rarity, now seems all too common.
Protection for the selling club at a guess, when they go shopping for players the clubs they approach don't know they just got £5M etc

A big loss as is Ruffs!

Hope it doesn't take too long to find a replacement.

Ruffs signed for Huddersfield on the 10th June and still no sign of a new LB.

We need to get these key positions filled sooner rather than later to get them bedded in.

A big loss as is Ruffs!

Hope it doesn't take too long to find a replacement.

Ruffs signed for Huddersfield on the 10th June and still no sign of a new LB.

We need to get these key positions filled sooner rather than later to get them bedded in.
We don't just need to fill these positions...we need to improve in them if we want promotion. I believe JR has his limitations in L1, let alone the champ, and RA is a good prospect who is going to have to learn damn quickly in the league above. Obviously I would have liked RA to stay but if the reported 1.6m allows us to be aggressive in the transfer window then I can handle that. We have multiple weaknesses that need to addressed within the squad. We need 5 or 6 positions taken care of in my opinion...Centre back, left back, right back, centre mid, winger, centre forward.

Good Luck Rob, I will miss your darting runs forward, legs looked too short for your body, but bloody brilliant anyways!

Last edited:
We don't just need to fill these positions...we need to improve in them if we want promotion. I believe JR has his limitations in L1, let alone the champ, and RA is a good prospect who is going to have to learn damn quickly in the league above. Obviously I would have liked RA to stay but if the reported 1.6m allows us to be aggressive in the transfer window then I can handle that. We have multiple weaknesses that need to addressed within the squad. We need 5 or 6 positions taken care of in my opinion...Centre back, left back, right back, centre mid, winger, centre forward.
You would drop three of our best players - Taylor Long and Gorrin? Agree that Gorrin needs competition

Moore still only has a year left on his contract, doesn't he? We may well need two new centre backs before too long (although hopefully McNally is one)

Shame, I was hoping for another season out of Atkinson before we sold him.

Just some of the comments from Bristol City fans and the signing of Atkinson

2651CC06-EF1A-4945-A517-5D3F3430FFA2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom