Ex Player Rob Hall

A friend of mine who supports Gillingham said he featured as a trialist today.
I wish him well, but Gavin Whyte is a far better player to have on our books

Rob Hall not even on the bench tonight for Gillingham, and they were short of the maximum number allowed.
Wish him well but not looking good for him

Did he even sign for them? Only a couple of pre-season friendlies at start of August but he won't be in a cup squad if he's not a Gillingham player.
Hope he finds a club soon, he won't be high on people's lists either due to last season and the transfer window still being open.

Can see Rob returning in a community/coaching role if he doesn't pick up a playing contract elsewhere. He did a lot behind the scenes with youth engagement and would be a positive person to have around the club, even if his playing days at this level are behind him.

Whatever happens, I wish him well. A good lad that would have played much higher if it wasn't for injuries.

Can see Rob returning in a community/coaching role if he doesn't pick up a playing contract elsewhere. He did a lot behind the scenes with youth engagement and would be a positive person to have around the club, even if his playing days at this level are behind him.

Whatever happens, I wish him well. A good lad that would have played much higher if it wasn't for injuries.
Indeed. After his first loan spell at 17 i was sure he was a future England star.

Rubbish how injuries broke him, as he is a top guy also.

Cheers Andy.

Did he not score the winner in a 1-0 win away at Hereford once as well? Pretty sure it was quite an important game, but can't remember the context. DO remember a lot of Oxford songs on the way back!

Just found it! Not sure how important the result wa though!

Did he not score the winner in a 1-0 win away at Hereford once as well? Pretty sure it was quite an important game, but can't remember the context. DO remember a lot of Oxford songs on the way back!

Bloody hot that day. Return train journey was horrendous.

Wasn't any significance other than the fact that this was one of 2 superb away days at Hereford a year apart.

Both were September/October, both with good followings (the clip doesn't make it look so - but the majority were on the side) and crucially Hereford is/was a decent little train journey from Oxford with a town centre ground and plenty of pubs.

We won both games and I remember the superb train journeys. It was a small 'rattler' and as such a serious number of Oxford were packed into a couple of carriages.

Swindon away aside, possibly the most complete 'traditional' away day post-2000 (honourable mention to Aldershot away in '06).

Good times.

Keeping out...who's header? 👀

Bloody hot that day. Return train journey was horrendous.
Yes, I have a vague recollection of sitting between carriages and being trampled on whilst feeling quite unwell. Although I'm not sure it was entirely down to the heat!

Wasn't any significance other than the fact that this was one of 2 superb away days at Hereford a year apart.

Both were September/October, both with good followings (the clip doesn't make it look so - but the majority were on the side) and crucially Hereford is/was a decent little train journey from Oxford with a town centre ground and plenty of pubs.

We won both games and I remember the superb train journeys. It was a small 'rattler' and as such a serious number of Oxford were packed into a couple of carriages.

Swindon away aside, possibly the most complete 'traditional' away day post-2000 (honourable mention to Aldershot away in '06).

Good times.

I did one of those, absolutely hammered by the time I got back, cracking day out.

Good times.
Was only a young'un then, but noticed a sizeable contingent of Oxford fans who I think weren't just there for the football, shall we say..

Good times.
I think I remember talking to some rugby fans on their way to Bath on the way there. Was a good day out. I may have to visit Hereford again as that is the only time I've been.

Back
Top Bottom