Ex Player Ryan Williams

Has obviously been earning way over the top to afford all those hideous tattoos. Whatever possesses them,or is it me aging fast?

What was the song we had for him?

Something like "he is an Aussie, his name is Ryan Williams Williams William's"

I can still remember Chesterfield away and the 1 on 1 he messed up. Crap day all round what with the red cards and getting beat 3:0
Say that really chuffed he has returned always liked him.

I'm really pleased with this signing. He will take one of the wing positions and make it his own I'm sure, and if he plays on the right(?) then I for one can't wait to see him and Super Sammy Long combining down the right side, that could be a very fruitful partnership if Williams does as he says and is willing to do the hard graft. That could be exciting!

Always liked him. I was hoping he would sign for us two summers ago when he went to Pompey, so I’m pretty pleased to see him. I like that he’s a decent player first and foremost, good pace etc, but he has a doggedness and work rate that I think is really important and that we have often lacked. Hylton, MacDonald, Maguire - all players who worked hard as well as being decent technically for the level we were at. You don’t succeed without players like that, so I think this is a really important signing. A quiet little boy he is not.

Great age, too. You need young prospects who you can develop and look to sell on, but you also need experienced players in their prime for the here and now, who can make an immediate impact without having to learn the ropes. At 27 he’s experienced yet physically in his prime, which is ideal. Lots of positives.

Also, if Chris Williams and I got married and I took his name, my name would be Ryan Williams. Perfect.
You do realise that CW will insist on The Wedding Present playing for you on the big day

• React
Reactions: MJB
Great addition to the squad. I watched a few Pompey games last season when we weren't playing and he is a real threat down that right hand side, some of the balls he put in the box Taylor will think its Christmas. Obviously Pompey fans going to say no end product not good enough etc, just like we are with Ruffles.

Great addition to the squad. I watched a few Pompey games last season when we weren't playing and he is a real threat down that right hand side, some of the balls he put in the box Taylor will think its Christmas. Obviously Pompey fans going to say no end product not good enough etc, just like we are with Ruffles.

Agree with you on everything apart from the Ruffs part.

I think the majority of posters on here, have been quite complimentary towards the lad. He’s been a great servant to the football club, and deserves the praise he’s received. We know his weakness is more defensive than attacking, but he adapted to the full back role really well. He only looked really poor, when he was up against a top winger, like Siriki Dembele for example.

Other than that I thought he was a very competent Lge 1 full back, despite it not being his natural position.

Agree with you on everything apart from the Ruffs part.

I think the majority of posters on here, have been quite complimentary towards the lad. He’s been a great servant to the football club, and deserves the praise he’s received. We know his weakness is more defensive than attacking, but he adapted to the full back role really well. He only looked really poor, when he was up against a top winger, like Siriki Dembele for example.

Other than that I thought he was a very competent Lge 1 full back, despite it not being his natural position.

Yes I agree, fans opinions change when a player refuses to sign another contract and moves on. I would rather judge Williams on what he does for us next season then what Pompey fans think of him.

Back
Top Bottom