Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 57 69.5%

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Referee. Trevor Kettle
Monday. Ollie Yates
one down, one to go.
Kettle was an absolute disgrace, every time we get him he is the same.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, and I do think Kettle was awful. But he did let us get away with quite a few dodgy tackles as well. I'm not sure he was as one sided as everyone thinks.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, and I do think Kettle was awful. But he did let us get away with quite a few dodgy tackles as well. I'm not sure he was as one sided as everyone thinks.
Absolutely right, it's an unpopular opinion. Not just unpopular, wrong.
Now, I don't believe he was one sided. I do believe he is incompetent. I do believe that he is obsessed with his own ego and I do believe that he should be stripped of any qualification to officiate at any football match at any level, ever again.

How's that?

Signing petitions achieves F all.
Especially if they are over a year old and only been signed by a few hundred bitter football fans.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Makes us look a bit tinpot as well...

Absolutely right, it's an unpopular opinion. Not just unpopular, wrong.
Now, I don't believe he was one sided. I do believe he is incompetent. I do believe that he is obsessed with his own ego and I do believe that he should be stripped of any qualification to officiate at any football match at any level, ever again.

How's that?
Well, I agree with all of that.

And none of it disproves my point, which is that we got the benefit of his crapness as well.

Can we appeal Sykes first yellow and if so and our appeal is upheld is the 2nd yellows w reduced to a first yellow?

One from a few years ago involving Kettle. The number of horrific performances from him officiating Oxford United games must be into double figures.

I had a good chat with a former football league referee a few years back, at a football tournament. Even he agreed that Kettle was an awful referee.

There must be more deserving refs, worthy of a place in the Football League than this unfit and incompetent Charlatan.

He did (of course, because he is useless) miss some fouls we committed.

It's not that he was particularly one-sided - it's that he was inconsistent, not up with play, officious, often incorrect, often missed stuff and seemed to think he was the most important person on the pitch. And it's wasn't just a bad day at the office for him - along with many others, my heart sank when I knew he was going to be the ref today and unfortunately he proved us right. Sometimes his shitness counts for you, sometimes against you - but you know he is always going to be awful.

How did he get so far up the refereeing pyramid? It was such a bad performance I was thinking brown envelopes by the end. Consistently biased.

The bloke has cooked our season. Not Sykes, not Grayson.

Sure he was bad generally for both sides.
I would say that we definitely came off worse though.

Surely someone getting paid to do a job that is absolutely awful at it should somehow be answerable, yellow cards my ass were they, he is out of control why does he hate OUFC so much. I would like my money back from him personally because he ruined my enjoyment of watching the game

Consistant....as in consistantly shockingly attrocious. Fat ,useless , incompetant excuse for a referee IMO . On senior yf moderator @Malc's instruction only a choice of 1 or 2 in todays ref watch scores .so no 0 option ...a very very very generous 1 from me, Kettles mis handling of the game ruined what couldve been a decent match.......allowing the fk with Brannagan down on the ground unbelievable.....Power shouldve been red carded IMO for that intentionally provocative 3RD goal 'celebration' too

* Edit ...since @Eaststandboy has 'changed' the poll ratings , its now a deserved -1 from me
The refs in this league are not good, and I laugh at Premier league fans complaining about VAR. If only we had it in L1.
However, I have a different perspective from the match, as you would expect.
I watched it with @Bodminyellow (Teams) and a few others and the Oxford boys were muttering on about about the possibility of Sykes getting sent off after his booking, and I also thought he would get sent off, which he did. There was a reckless air about him. I like Karl Robinson but he was a nob yesterday and if he had not had his head up his a**e he would have had the sense to sub Sykes. You do have five subs ffs. KR and his staff were very uncool yesterday. LJ kept out of it.
As for the free kick, it was a bad challenge and there were quite a few in the game. A feisty affair and as usual a tricky game. We took a quick free kick which was clever. The defender did not have a head injury, so no problem, and if you watch he was getting up then saw we had taken free kick and went down again. He was trying to cheat and let his team down, not the ref.
Ref wasn't great mind, but did nothing wrong there. Your problems were closer to home. What had KR been taking? Embarrassing.
Good luck with test of season and hopefully we don't play you again.

Sure he was bad generally for both sides.
I would say that we definitely came off worse though.
From our point if view he was quite lenient towards Oxford with his card. There were some tasty tackles going in and he could have got his yellow out a lot more. KR should gave subbed Sykes was obvious he was in real danger of a sending off.

The refs in this league are not good, and I laugh at Premier league fans complaining about VAR. If only we had it in L1.
I watched it with @Bodminyellow (Teams) and a few others and the Oxford boys were muttering on about about the possibility of Sykes getting sent off after his booking, and I also thought he would get sent off, which he did. There was a reckless air about him. I like Karl Robinson but he was a nob yesterday and if he had not had his head up his a**e he would have had the sense to sub Sykes. You do have five subs ffs. KR and his staff were very uncool yesterday. LJ kept out of it.
As for the free kick, it was a bad challenge and there were quite a few in the game. A feisty affair and as usual a tricky game. We took a quick free kick which was clever. The defender did not have a head injury, so no problem, and if you watch he was getting up then saw we had taken free kick and went down again. He was trying to cheat and let his team down, not the ref.
Ref wasn't great mind, but did nothing wrong there. Your problems were closer to home. What had KR been taking? Embarrassing.
Always risky, this ‘we won’t play you again’ from a fan of a supposedly bigger team.

Im going to put my tin hat on here.. Kettle is, and always has been, a knob who courts controversy, but I do have to agree with some of this. Robinson does where his heart on his sleeve and does get caught up in the drama of a game a little too much. Nobody likes to see a manager sat on the bench, arms folded, looking detached and disinterested, but there is a happy medium. Wayne Brown is another character who never seems to be far away when the aggro starts. He was probably justifiably angered yesterday, if indeed Stevens was assaulted in the tunnel, but Ive been behind the dug out at matches and he does seem a fiery character. Open for debate as to whether antics in the dugout are good or bad for the players out on the pitch I guess?

Back
Top Bottom