Ex Player Sam Winnall

Haven't we got him next season? Unless old age claims him or he turns completely into stone? Petrified, it's called.

Haven't we got him next season? Unless old age claims him or he turns completely into stone? Petrified, it's called.
He is under contract for one more season and you will be happy to know the option of a third season.....!!
Will need to move on one way or another this summer although don't think they will be queuing down the street for him.

I think there are a few that are a little sensitive on here! Just watched it back as I couldn't recall the incident and yes Winnall has a moan at Dan but he hardly rips him a new one. And I suspect it looks far worse because the Sky cameras are directed straight at Winnall rather than the usual vague view from high above the halfway line like we get with iFollow.

And it wasn't a great pass to be honest. Winnall may not be quick, but that should hardly be a surprise! So Dan needed to take several yards off the pass to allow Sam to be able to take it in his stride and get a shot away. Dan probably took one touch too many which meant that Sam had to hold his run which makes it look much worse. But either way it's hardly a defining moment and I'm not sure it warrants the attention it's getting.

Im petrified of him being our second choice striker next season...
If, and it is a mahoosive if, he can get properly fit, he has the pedigree to be a decent player. We know he has been a decent player. The issue is, he simply looks like a player who struggles to get to optimum fitness and any period out knocks him back by months. Take Henry's appearance and performance the other night after a period out injured compared to Winnall who appears unfit after a period out.

If, and it is a mahoosive if, he can get properly fit, he has the pedigree to be a decent player. We know he has been a decent player. The issue is, he simply looks like a player who struggles to get to optimum fitness and any period out knocks him back by months. Take Henry's appearance and performance the other night after a period out injured compared to Winnall who appears unfit after a period out.
Thing is the last time he played 40 + matches in a season was 2015/16 .
Last time he scored in double figures was 2016/17 22apps 11 goals.
In four seasons after that he played 43 times fir Sheff wed scoring 6.
He also had a better spell at Derby 6 in 17 but that was 2027/18 .
Sadly seems to have lost a yard or two if you watch his earlier goals .

Thing is the last time he played 40 + matches in a season was 2015/16 .
Last time he scored in double figures was 2016/17 22apps 11 goals.
In four seasons after that he played 43 times fir Sheff wed scoring 6.
He also had a better spell at Derby 6 in 17 but that was 2027/18 .
Sadly seems to have lost a yard or two if you watch his earlier goals .
Yes I agree that is why I put the mahoosive bit in, i.e it is a long shot he can get to that place where he is able to regain the form he had in 2027 or whatever date you said!!

After his past layoffs it has taken him ages to get up to speed, much longer than normal I would say.
With a full pre-season and a lot of fitness work he may still be an asset, but at the moment he is carrying too much timber and doesn't look fit enough. He looked knackered 10 seconds after coming on on Friday.
(I will say that the pass was cack though).

Agreed. He needs to get rid of the weight and then maybe we can see if he can be an asset or not.

For me, he’s got one final chance to prove himself in pre-season for next year. 2020-21 has been stop-start for him, arriving here unfit and then picking up an injury. We’ve run out of EFL Trophy games to get him up to speed so next year looks the likely candidate if Winnall still has something in his locker. He’s looked exposed as a player way past his prime and yet he only turned 30 this year.

Get him on his own fitness programme, avoid injuries and then let’s see what he can do.

I think there are a few that are a little sensitive on here! Just watched it back as I couldn't recall the incident and yes Winnall has a moan at Dan but he hardly rips him a new one. And I suspect it looks far worse because the Sky cameras are directed straight at Winnall rather than the usual vague view from high above the halfway line like we get with iFollow.

And it wasn't a great pass to be honest. Winnall may not be quick, but that should hardly be a surprise! So Dan needed to take several yards off the pass to allow Sam to be able to take it in his stride and get a shot away. Dan probably took one touch too many which meant that Sam had to hold his run which makes it look much worse. But either way it's hardly a defining moment and I'm not sure it warrants the attention it's getting.
As a moment no. As a recognition of just how immobile our forward is. Yes. If you can’t make fast passes in the last third you aren’t going to score goals. Slow that pass down and it gets intercepted.

I don’t care too much about the reaction from Sam but I certainly care about how ineffective he’s looking for now. He needs to seriously shed some pounds and pick up some energy and nimbleness from somewhere.

When Winnall has pinged one into the top corner to get us into the playoffs and then scored the winner at the skip, he can wave his todger at Dan Agyei.

In the meantime he might want to focus on shedding enough weight that he can actually see it without a mirror.

Back
Top Bottom