General Season ticket prices

the club has received monies from the premier league and also has income from sales of players so we are in a better position then maybe it appears, yes some of the transfer fees will be reinvested, most clubs run at a loss and are only servicing the debt. Maybe it’s Oxford City’s decision to price the game at £14 and this is the minimum for all costs involved and any profit they judge to be acceptable, personal I don’t go to many friendly games anymore ST and away games is where my money goes, it is obviously nice to see the newer players on the pitch but generally the games are poor.

the club has received monies from the premier league and also has income from sales of players so we are in a better position then maybe it appears, yes some of the transfer fees will be reinvested, most clubs run at a loss and are only servicing the debt. Maybe it’s Oxford City’s decision to price the game at £14 and this is the minimum for all costs involved and any profit they judge to be acceptable, personal I don’t go to many friendly games anymore ST and away games is where my money goes, it is obviously nice to see the newer players on the pitch but generally the games are poor.
I think fans forget this aspect of things when they say the club is ‘hard up’.
Let’s not forget that not only did the club receive premier league money, they still have all the season ticket money from last year, they received income from iFollow match passes for both home & away games, money they wouldn’t usually receive in a normal season, money from the TV companies for reaching the play offs plus ticket revenue from the home leg that wasn’t budgeted for. Throw in the money from Atkinson and I’d say the club will be just about breaking even next season since it was forecasted we’d make a loss around £2million quid.

If the club was anywhere near on its knees, it wouldn’t be spending circa 300k on Marcus McGuane before the summer has even started. Especially when the centre of midfield is already stacked with the likes of Gorrin, Hanson, Brannagan, Sykes, Clare, Henry and Forde, plus the boy LCP. The club was also very publicly bidding a similar amount of money for Ellis Harrison when there are already three senior forwards in the building who are generally competing for one spot, and there have been links with a number of defenders, nearly all of whom will / would require six figure fees. If things were as bleak and dire as some have suggested they must be, the club wouldn’t even be considering spending that kind of money, even with the Atkinson sale. It wouldn’t be an option - it would need to stick the cash straight in its pocket. If you couldn’t pay the mortgage, you wouldn’t go out and buy a new telly if you already had several that worked.

Clearly the board is more than comfortable with the situation, otherwise it wouldn’t be sanctioning large fees for a ninth midfield option or a pop at a fourth senior striker.

I was a ST holder for a number of years but didn't renew a few years ago and opted to choose which games to go to home/away. Largely due to friends doing other things and finding on a Saturday and so on. Anyway to cut a long story short I had been considering buying back in this season and just received an email and it looks like the North Stand is £420 and £330 for the East Stand. Pre-covid I think I was paying around £24 for a day ticket for the North Stand so I could go to 17 league games per season (unless they are increased) before it starts costing me more.

It's a hard one and i'll probably not bother and buy one (assuming I can) for the games I want to go to. If like me you think we'll end up in another form of lockdown later in the year then £420 becomes even less appealing. I'm not criticising the club! They do what they think is best and I'll do what I think is best. In previous seasons I've ended up spending well over the cost of a ST by doing it game by game and others not so much.

If I was unfortunate enough to be involved in the decision making I'd have probably gone with cold hard cash off the cost of the tickets instead of the add-ons. With so much uncertainty from week to week with the pandemic they may have found people were a little more willing to part with the cash. Who knows!?

Huh? A Tory who doesn’t believe in the free market? Surely they will charge what the market can bear. There is a lot of interest in football at the moment and people want to see the players close up after so long.

Didn`t say I didn't believe in the free market old fruit.
I`m discussing how it is viewed in the current environment/climate as folk "emerge from hibernation".
It`s not difficult to understand for most people.

I was a ST holder for a number of years but didn't renew a few years ago and opted to choose which games to go to home/away. Largely due to friends doing other things and finding on a Saturday and so on. Anyway to cut a long story short I had been considering buying back in this season and just received an email and it looks like the North Stand is £420 and £330 for the East Stand. Pre-covid I think I was paying around £24 for a day ticket for the North Stand so I could go to 17 league games per season (unless they are increased) before it starts costing me more.

It's a hard one and i'll probably not bother and buy one (assuming I can) for the games I want to go to. If like me you think we'll end up in another form of lockdown later in the year then £420 becomes even less appealing. I'm not criticising the club! They do what they think is best and I'll do what I think is best. In previous seasons I've ended up spending well over the cost of a ST by doing it game by game and others not so much.

If I was unfortunate enough to be involved in the decision making I'd have probably gone with cold hard cash off the cost of the tickets instead of the add-ons. With so much uncertainty from week to week with the pandemic they may have found people were a little more willing to part with the cash. Who knows!?
A season ticket is not just about saving a few quid if you attend every game, I would be very surprised if More than. 75% - 80% of our season ticket holders attended every home match especially with games moved for one reason or another.
A season ticket gives you the security and flexibility to turn up at home games without any uncertainties, knowing you are sat with who you want to be sat with, a season ticket gives you priority for big home and away cup games and also priority for those away games with relatively small away capacities (Wimbledon, Cheltenham and Wycombe this season).
Above all, I think, having a season ticket gives a sense of belonging to the club and being proud to be part of it,

A season ticket is not just about saving a few quid if you attend every game, I would be very surprised if More than. 75% - 80% of our season ticket holders attended every home match especially with games moved for one reason or another.
A season ticket gives you the security and flexibility to turn up at home games without any uncertainties, knowing you are sat with who you want to be sat with, a season ticket gives you priority for big home and away cup games and also priority for those away games with relatively small away capacities (Wimbledon, Cheltenham and Wycombe this season).
Above all, I think, having a season ticket gives a sense of belonging to the club and being proud to be part of it,

That’s fair enough and I probably would have said the same for the years I did have one. I guess since not renewing around 4 years ago I’ve not had a problem sitting with friends/where I’ve wanted to (in fact I’ve enjoyed sitting in different stands) and haven’t felt any less part of the club or being any less proud of who I support.

Definitely agree with some of the relatively small away allocations and I’m sure having a ST this season will likely help in other aspects. As I said I probably would have had it not been that I think we’ll see the winter months played behind closed doors due to covid.

This is bang on.

However, you soon discover that doesn`t cut both ways.

If a very regular customer, someone who has been buying for decades, suddenly stops buying your product is it not wise to ask why?

If the same customer raises particular concerns is it not advisable to at least reply to them?

Should the Club not be seriously analysing their relationships with their key customers?

That is what is going "wrong".

I notice lincoln citys fans were obviously happy with their clubs bean counters decisions re; season tickets this year, they have sold out all season tickets.

Yeah, but at the end of the day they have to support Lincoln. Not something I'd want.

This is bang on.

If a very regular customer, someone who has been buying for decades, suddenly stops buying your product is it not wise to ask why?

If the same customer raises particular concerns is it not advisable to at least reply to them?

Should the Club not be seriously analysing their relationships with their key customers?

Despite e mailing them and getting a generic reply, they haven't bothered to find out why we haven't renewed. They expect fans to help them out as they have been financially hit by the pandemic, but they don't give a toss about how the fans may have been hit by the pandemic. Sorry loyalty only goes so far, if you can't pay your mortgage they won't help you out or even care.

I fully concur with this, but other clubs have remembered who the customer is, and acted accordingly refunds, friendly matches fans can actually watch, to not just keep the existing base of season ticket holders but build on those numbers.
The tipping point, to renew or not to renew is so fine this season. Could a chance have been missed by not announcing the takeover in a fanfare, alongside a speech of new beginnings, improved budget etc?
The biggest problem the club have is themselves, as I don't think they see there being any issues at all that need rectifying.
The golden ticket event, for certain season ticket holders? Could anything be more divisive?
Could part of the problem be that there is no one hands on taking the lead in running the club?There have been big changes in the shareholding but, from the fans perspective at least, absolutely no information as to what this means in practice. Is the staff suffering a lack of leadership? Is Tiger still in day to day control? Is everyone making it all up on the hoof because those who hold the purse strings are not? The marketing and organisational missteps complained of in this thread seem to suggest so.

Karl personally delivered mine yesterday upon a velvet cushion tugging his forelock in a gesture of subservience due to the way the club has handled ST renewals.

No.

From July 26, apparently [emoji6]

Have at our pub.

Staff numbers may be similar or only slightly up but many more staff than usual working on the same shift.

Same staff but many more shifts = much higher wage bill.

Quite

Despite e mailing them and getting a generic reply, they haven't bothered to find out why we haven't renewed. They expect fans to help them out as they have been financially hit by the pandemic, but they don't give a toss about how the fans may have been hit by the pandemic. Sorry loyalty only goes so far, if you can't pay your mortgage they won't help you out or even care.
Sent email to ticketing and got same email as above, basically copied and pasted from the shiny A4 leaflet

This is bang on.

It's almost as if there has been a global pandemic and the 'nice to do' staff have been furloughed or redeployed elsewhere.

When I have emailed the club I have received an email back almost immediately.

I kind of get the feeling the club take the fans for granted simply because they can the owners will come and go but the fans will always be there it’s our club but as fans we deserve abit of respect just like the club employees do I don’t appreciate gargon read of a sheet I appreciate honesty

It's almost as if there has been a global pandemic and the 'nice to do' staff have been furloughed or redeployed elsewhere.

When I have emailed the club I have received an email back almost immediately.

So you are saying they have been furloughed or redeployed, which is perfectly understandable, everyone has had to make massive adjustments.
However, you also get immediate replies so that suggests they haven`t and/or are being selective as to whom they reply to.
Maybe you have a hotline to someone?

Having sent 5 emails to the club over a period of several weeks, with read receipts, I would be somewhat surprised that 3 of them have gone AWOL.
2 were definitely read and no reply was forthcoming.

Now that is nothing more than really poor customer engagement or service.
Even if I had just received a holding reply then it would change my current mindset and £300 would be sat in their account and not mine and I`m not alone.

BTW I might only attend 2 or 3 home games but I still bought a ST "because"........... 💛💙

So you are saying they have been furloughed or redeployed, which is perfectly understandable, everyone has had to make massive adjustments.
However, you also get immediate replies so that suggests they haven`t and/or are being selective as to whom they reply to.
Maybe you have a hotline to someone?

Having sent 5 emails to the club over a period of several weeks, with read receipts, I would be somewhat surprised that 3 of them have gone AWOL.
2 were definitely read and no reply was forthcoming.

Now that is nothing more than really poor customer engagement or service.
Even if I had just received a holding reply then it would change my current mindset and £300 would be sat in their account and not mine and I`m not alone.

BTW I might only attend 2 or 3 home games but I still bought a ST "because"........... 💛💙
I don't know anything about the staffing situation.

The email addresses I have used are:
ticketoffice@ on 9th July at 834hrs with a reply back at 0952
ticketoffice@ on 28th June 1359hrs reply back at 1416
shop@ on 23rd March at 1027hrs, reply back at 1047, back again at 1056 and all resolved with the last email at 1409hrs
ticketoffice@ on 30th November .. no reply... chase up on 10th February, response and actioned 11th February with an apology. Clarrification email sent back on the same day and another response from the club on 12th

I recall you have not received any correspondence in the post or by email to renew your season ticket. This is most bizarre and I would suggest there must be something wrong with your contact details / login details.

So as you will see I am certainly not a passive season ticket holder... my requests to move season tickets and fix my online account for the club shop have been dealt with pretty well. The lack of reply in November was expected as the club were so ridiculously busy.

If you're the type of person that sends emails with read receipts then I would personally file your correspondence in the appropriate place. 🗑️:LOL:

I don't know anything about the staffing situation.

The email addresses I have used are:
ticketoffice@ on 9th July at 834hrs with a reply back at 0952
ticketoffice@ on 28th June 1359hrs reply back at 1416
shop@ on 23rd March at 1027hrs, reply back at 1047, back again at 1056 and all resolved with the last email at 1409hrs
ticketoffice@ on 30th November .. no reply... chase up on 10th February, response and actioned 11th February with an apology. Clarrification email sent back on the same day and another response from the club on 12th

I recall you have not received any correspondence in the post or by email to renew your season ticket. This is most bizarre and I would suggest there must be something wrong with your contact details / login details.

So as you will see I am certainly not a passive season ticket holder... my requests to move season tickets and fix my online account for the club shop have been dealt with pretty well. The lack of reply in November was expected as the club were so ridiculously busy.

If you're the type of person that sends emails with read receipts then I would personally file your correspondence in the appropriate place. 🗑️:LOL:

Therein is my point of failure..... emailing individuals who probably did as you suggested.
Contact details are correct in my ticket account and I get the Friday "EFL Blurb mail" as well.
I`ll just buy a ticket for the games I can go to and the world will keep turning.

Back
Top Bottom