Current Player #42 Steve Seddon

Poor last night. Missed passes, missed runs and some real breakdowns in communication. He urgently needs some form of competition back there however that comes.

I should add that I thought Sam Long also had a poor game as well, a better team than Shrewsbury would have had a field day last night.

Poor last night. Missed passes, missed runs and some real breakdowns in communication. He urgently needs some form of competition back there however that comes.

I should add that I thought Sam Long also had a poor game as well, a better team than Shrewsbury would have had a field day last night.
This

I'm hoping he isn't a Clare Mark 2 but the signs look ominous. Poor positionally, iffy distribution and no link up whatsoever with Whyte. He needs a couple of decent games to regain confidence and look the player he did in the first few games. Sitting quite close to the dug outs, I've noticed Robinson often giving Seddon guidance when we are attacking the fence end and perhaps his absence didn't help last night.

I agree about Seddon, but thought that Sam had a far better game than Saturday.
Maybe Sedds needs somebody to push him and if need be replace him to give him a break

Seddon started the season well. He then had a dip in form ( see comments above- one suggesting he could be another Clare Mk 2).
Over the past 4 to 5 games I reckon he has been very good. Sound defensively , getting forwards well and he has the ability to score goals and make them ( it was a very good run and pass to James Henry last night).
Good to see him come back so strongly.

Anyone else concerned of his ability defensively? well lack of it always seems to be caught out of position.

Anyone else concerned of his ability defensively? well lack of it always seems to be caught out of position.
Yes 1st half Saturday he was awful lucky not to give away a penalty, his defensive duties & positioning aren’t good enough I’ve said before he isn’t a Left Back but he was much better 2nd half in the Left Wing Back roll which I think that’s what he is a LWB no LB

I’d rather have Williams at LB
I know Seddon has quite a few assists, but to me it seems he doesn't get a lot of killer crosses in, he gets up field and havers around inconclusively. He's no Baldock or even Ricardinho going forward.

Don't think it helps the cover he's sometimes had in front of him this season. Williams is at least enthusiastic, but if it's say Holland in front he's pretty much left to it. Also with no Gorrin think the central midfield cover when he pushes on is minimal.

Don't think he's a bad player and would imagine we'd be largely asking the same questions if Ruffels was still wearing the shirt.

Seddon is great going forward but not fantastic defensively and we all see that. I’m sure this will become better over time, he is still young. If he was excellent at both he wouldn’t be playing in league one…. Think he needs some competition to help him be more consistent with his performances.

Another great headed clearance into the danger area for Accrington’s 1st goal 🙄 done exactly the same against Wigan & Burton he doesn’t learn from his constant mistakes his defending is appalling

Another great headed clearance into the danger area for Accrington’s 1st goal 🙄 done exactly the same against Wigan & Burton he doesn’t learn from his constant mistakes his defending is appalling

Need to get another left back in the summer and make Seddon fight for his place.

Definitely should have done better for the second one though. Didn’t mark the goal scorer and for some reason then stood off him and made no attempt at a tackle.

Back
Top Bottom