General Supporters Panel - Yay or Nay?

Do the supporters on here want or need a Supporters Panel ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again we see how much of a tragic loss the Essex Bazzer combo are to the supporter's panel!

Because you don't see a problem doesn't mean that others don't. We should look at making the experiences of every supporter the best it can be, even if that means different things to different people.
No, stop being racist/sexist/ageist (delete as appropriate) against middle aged white men!

Again we see how much of a tragic loss the Essex Bazzer combo are to the supporter's panel!

Because you don't see a problem doesn't mean that others don't. We should look at making the experiences of every supporter the best it can be, even if that means different things to different people.
Says the Fans council champion. Why didn’t you join?

Surely the fans council should be impartial and whether you know someone or not shouldn’t make one iota of difference.

Surely the fans council should be impartial and whether you know someone or not shouldn’t make one iota of difference.
You would have thought, but I've no doubt that you and Essex would have been the first to bang on about it being an inside job!

Please see the answer I've given twice before!
I know o know your mates with Andy Taylor and you felt people would question it. They wanted 11 and elections would have been held if there were more but there was only 4 so they are by default and if you had applied you would have been seconded and you would have stood on the council as there were only 4 applicants when they wanted 11.

I know o know your mates with Andy Taylor and you felt people would question it. They wanted 11 and elections would have been held if there were more but there was only 4 so they are by default and if you had applied you would have been seconded and you would have stood on the council as there were only 4 applicants when they wanted 11.
Yes, I'm aware how it works. I also know that the supporters panel is independent of the club. But that's not the way it would have been perceived by others.

I had no idea whether 4 or 40 would apply and had no reason to believe that I would be better than anyone else. But I can rub some people up the wrong way on here and, in addition to any allegations of links to the club, and this could be an unnecessary distraction to those looking to develop the supporters panel.

Yes, I'm aware how it works. I also know that the supporters panel is independent of the club. But that's not the way it would have been perceived by others.

I had no idea whether 4 or 40 would apply and had no reason to believe that I would be better than anyone else. But I can rub some people up the wrong way on here and, in addition to any allegations of links to the club, and this could be an unnecessary distraction to those looking to develop the supporters panel.
Tbf scotchers I was asked to apply but like you I can rub some Pepe up the wrong way so I thought if I could do that on here I know I will damned well that I would on the panel if the situation called for it.

It affects you how again? You never did say...

I actually very much enjoy being in a very diverse crowd of people that isn`t segregated in any way.

Everyone is normally there for a common purpose - be that parkrun, Leicester Tigers, OUFC, Diwali celebrations in town and so on.

All those events are a melting pot of people which broadens people's horizons and helps them learn by experience that we aren`t all the same.

As soon as you start dividing people up it naturally creates differences that in turn breed resentment.

What's the difference between a "women only" section and a pub with a sign saying "No blacks, No Irish"?

Inclusivity - which is what they should be striving for - is that anyone can sit/stand anywhere without fear or favour.

Beyond that, you are dealing with the overall image that football has, which also drives the "rules" that make it the environment it is.

30+ plus years of young drunk men knocking seven barrels out of each other has "set" that environment. 🤷‍♀️

I actually very much enjoy being in a very diverse crowd of people that isn`t segregated in any way.

Everyone is normally there for a common purpose - be that parkrun, Leicester Tigers, OUFC, Diwali celebrations in town and so on.

All those events are a melting pot of people which broadens people's horizons and helps them learn by experience that we aren`t all the same.

As soon as you start dividing people up it naturally creates differences that in turn breed resentment.

What's the difference between a "women only" section and a pub with a sign saying "No blacks, No Irish"?

Inclusivity - which is what they should be striving for - is that anyone can sit/stand anywhere without fear or favour.

Beyond that, you are dealing with the overall image that football has, which also drives the "rules" that make it the environment it is.

30+ plus years of young drunk men knocking seven barrels out of each other has "set" that environment. 🤷‍♀️
It's not all about you. Asking the question will not change your experience in the slightest, but might improve things for others, and godforbid maybe get some to go who wouldn't have done before. Really struggling to see why you are having your nose bent out of shape about this.

We don't segregate disabled supporters, but we make provisions for them that meets their needs. We don't segregate children or families but we have a zone where they may feel more comfortable. We don't, and never, will segregate women - but in light of so much going on in society at the moment, creating a "safe" zone for women may be valued by those who love football but have maybe had bad experiences in the past. (And by bad experiences, I refer to the "get your tits out for the lads" chants that used to happen on a regular basis, as well as general comments that I'm sure many have experienced)

This doesn't exclude anyone else. As @SteMerritt pointed out before, there are plenty of gaps within the stadium that could be utilised and if it gets more people coming to games then that's surely the most important thing?

You talk about a common purpose, but that doesn't mean that everyone must have the same. Everyone goes to a restuarant for a common purpose, but all can choose to eat different meals depending on dietry, culutral or just individual preferances. Modern businesses (and that's what football clubs ultimately are) should look to be as inclusive and responsive to individual needs as possible.

Inclusion and exclusion are very clearly different. "Women only" is so far removed from "No blacks, no irish" that is offensive and only an idiot (or bigot!) would think differently.

As for the image that football has, I think the game and it's image has changed a huge amount, and attracting more women, families and a more diverse representation of our communities in to attending games will only help that. So why are you opposed to something that may make that easier?

It's not all about you. Asking the question will not change your experience in the slightest, but might improve things for others, and godforbid maybe get some to go who wouldn't have done before. Really struggling to see why you are having your nose bent out of shape about this.

That is making a huge assumption that the experience is currently enjoyable, crowds of 6k or so suggest it isn`t now the post-Covid "excitement" has started to wane.

And, as if by magic, we are back to that bottom level of Maslow again .......... basics first.

Pricing structure.
Clean, functioning facilities.
Better food options.
"Things to do" that avoid folk racking up at 5 to 3 and getting off-site as quick as possible.

Now I understand the Club don`t have much influence over some of that but they could at least make progress in that direction..... basics before "pleasantries".

100% respect for anyone who VOLUNTEERS as I do rather a lot of that myself thank you which negated my capacity to do anymore, I`ve fallen into that trap before.

This panel that, like it or not, represents all of us is happening and we, as supporters, are allowed to discuss it frankly and openly.

It will be very interesting to see how they gather the broad church of opinions that they will be expected to work with. Somehow an email account and Twitter account might well alienate many people at both ends of the supporter spectrum.
You forgot to say some of your best friends are black.

Back
Top Bottom