Temporary stand

I'd like to see how you got to the ground using public transport if you were an exile. It would take me about four hours each way and cost a fortune!
[/QUOTE

I get four buses and two trains to get there and back.

Along with a temporary stand, would it also be possible to put up a temporary railway station behind the ground to get the the extra fans in and out of the stadium.
TBF this would be extremely useful, and a huge benefit to the local area, with attendances of just 6-7k
could do, but on the whole trains couldn't run to it. There is apparently not the capacity on the main line, and the the single track junction would be extremely limited in use.

I get four buses and two trains to get there and back.
Which is of course admirable on many levels, including as a dedicated supporter and environmentally. But not practical for many people. For example getting back from the ground to rural North Bedfordshire (where my hobbit hole is) after the game against Man City would be impossible via public transport. And I am working the next morning.

To stop the stadium being a wind tunnel we need a much higher fence? Do you think LEGO would sponsor us with a plastic wall? Plenty of wonderful jokes would go with it! Not all good although not very eco? Perhaps BALES of hay? Although they may get stolen!

To stop the stadium being a wind tunnel we need a much higher fence? Do you think LEGO would sponsor us with a plastic wall? Plenty of wonderful jokes would go with it! Not all good although not very eco? Perhaps BALES of hay? Although they may get stolen!
You will get Greta on your back!

Ironically, a solid fence creates more turbulence at pitch level as the airflow rolls over the fence and spirals down the pitch; the undisturbed higher air sucks the lower spinning air along, which has to accelerate to keep up.

If the solid panels were replaced with an open structure that allowed the wind to pass through, the wind speeds at pitch level would be lower and the swirling would be cut down immensely.

Even adding a trellis to the top of the current fence would see an improvement.

Ironically, a solid fence creates more turbulence at pitch level as the airflow rolls over the fence and spirals down the pitch; the undisturbed higher air sucks the lower spinning air along, which has to accelerate to keep up.

If the solid panels were replaced with an open structure that allowed the wind to pass through, the wind speeds at pitch level would be lower and the swirling would be cut down immensely.

Even adding a trellis to the top of the current fence would see an improvement.
Interesting we could bring our deckchairs and watch through the gaps! So there is nothing to be done then really apart from a large structure?

Why don't we plant some fast growing conifers behind the fence, not only would it break some of the wind, it would be funny when the ball boys can't find the ball. Plus it will remind everywhere of the Manor when supporters use to climb up the trees to watch.

Why don't we plant some fast growing conifers behind the fence, not only would it break some of the wind, it would be funny when the ball boys can't find the ball. Plus it will remind everywhere of the Manor when supporters use to climb up the trees to watch.
Trees that break wind ? Blimey!... the smell at the breeze block can be 'ripe' enough when the breeze arrives from the direction of the sewage farm already, dunno if we need tree farts to add to it :oops:

Trees that break wind ? Blimey!... the smell at the breeze block can be 'ripe' enough when the breeze arrives from the direction of the sewage farm already, dunno if we need tree farts to add to it :oops:

Don’t be a sap.

Back
Top Bottom