Temporary stand

The 8 league games I've mentioned, plus West Ham, Sunderland and Man City should all be around 10k+. That demonstrates that there is interest for football in Oxfordshire which can only help when looking at a new build.

Of course we could just look to mirror the Rushden model!! ?

We'll be lucky if even one of those league games get 10k+ :ROFLMAO:

Apparently we have asked about a temporary stand for the Man City game and Kassam "accepted straight away". However (according to Zaki on Twitter) "unfortunately logistically it wasn't possible in the timeframe".
Shame - the game's over a month away I'd have though something could have been done. Oh well. Zaki does go on to say fingers crossed it can be revisited later in the season.

I am guessing we need some sort of planning permission for a temporary stand and it presumably wouldn't be granted in the timeframe.

"Not possible in the timeframe"........................... something that folk have discussed since we moved to the breeze block.
You would have thought there would have been a "Temporary Stand" project in a filing cabinet with all the necessary ducks in a line.
Apply for temporary PP every season, then when you need it activate it do so......... too simple?

I mean Gillingham have got away with a rickety set of scaffolding for years!!

181 seats per trailer, could get 4 or 5 across the fence end..... extra 900 seats.... couple of portaloos, bit of fencing in front....... sorted.

Attachments

• 181seats.JPG
    181seats.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 26
I would imagine that there are a load of issues other than simply getting the stand

So toilets. Catering facilities, the segregation from the other stands, health and safety checks and other things I have not thought of.
Plus if the crowd was what 14,000 instead of 12,100, where would everybody park ( presumably more of the Unipart car park arrangements would be needed).
It is a real shame though as clearly there is huge demand to see the game

probably covered before but why doesn’t the science park allow use of their parking? could make someone a few quid especially for the bigger games

Doesn't planning permission run out after a certain time? And there is the work to do it, undo it and remove infrastructure. It's not impossible, but I can appreciate why the club have decided to not to do now.

However, I can well imagine that they have costed it again and are considering their options.

This really gets my goat. The Science Park do not want footy fans using their car parks. Why not offer some sort of membership scheme where you join, provide proof of address and are then given an allocated bay in a car park. If the cost was kept below a fiver, I feel that a lot of fans would pay for the convenience. I appreciate there are staff costs and insurance issues, but surely it would benefit the science park, the locals and the fans.

Apparently we have asked about a temporary stand for the Man City game and Kassam "accepted straight away". However (according to Zaki on Twitter) "unfortunately logistically it wasn't possible in the timeframe".
Shame - the game's over a month away I'd have though something could have been done. Oh well. Zaki does go on to say fingers crossed it can be revisited later in the season.

As I mentioned earlier, it's easy to say yes when you know it's not going to happen...

As I mentioned earlier, it's easy to say yes when you know it's not going to happen...

I think he always says yes straight away ……….. then he will add later ….. the charge for putting a stand up at MY ground is £xxk, which then makes it unviable.

I would imagine that there are a load of issues other than simply getting the stand

So toilets. Catering facilities, the segregation from the other stands, health and safety checks and other things I have not thought of.
Plus if the crowd was what 14,000 instead of 12,100, where would everybody park ( presumably more of the Unipart car park arrangements would be needed).
It is a real shame though as clearly there is huge demand to see the game

You don't have to drive to a game, many of us use public transport. You are a lot of spoilt brats some grounds have no car parking. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom