General The Process

Wandering Yellow

I thought I would start a thread on "the process" of where we go from now to breaking ground on a new stadium. I, and I think others, am not used to the planning process and the stages necessary to get to the point where we can start to build this thing.

I am happy to lay out in steps using the editing feature on here what is needed, and of course mods/admins welcome to edit. I think it would be useful to include next to each step, and how Oxford United supporters can help along the way.

Steps
1: OUFC provide OCC details on how they will address issues such as maintaining greenbelt and community benefits.
2:
3:
4:
5: Oxford United begin building the new stadium

Last edited:
I thought I would start a thread on "the process" of where we go from now to breaking ground on a new stadium. I, and I think others, am not used to the planning process and the stages necessary to get to the point where we can start to build this thing.

I am happy to lay out in steps using the editing feature on here what is needed, and of course mods/admins welcome to edit. I think it would be useful to include next to each step how Oxford United supporters can help along the way.

If this thread isn't helpful or possible at this stage - mods feel free to delete.
Good idea. I feel more engaged after the latest part of the process, and would like to know how I can do more to support progress towards a new home for the club. Watching the council meeting reminded that this is democratic process which supporters can influence the outcome of. It would be good to know how we can all contribute, going forward. Not to tread on the toes of OxVox of course (which I have finally got round to joining :rolleyes:) - but I think this forum and OxVox work well, side by side.

Good idea. I feel more engaged after the latest part of the process, and would like to know how I can do more to support progress towards a new home for the club. Watching the council meeting reminded that this is democratic process which supporters can influence the outcome of. It would be good to know how we can all contribute, going forward. Not to tread on the toes of OxVox of course (which I have finally got round to joining :rolleyes:) - but I think this forum and OxVox work well, side by side.
This thread would just be a rough step by step guide of where we go from here to the end goal. For it to work would need input from those who understand the planning process, and maybe OUSP/OxVox on how OUFC fans can help with each step.

@OxfordYankee seems to have a strong grasp on the process of where we go from today's meeting.

I am happy to lay out in steps using the editing feature on here what is needed, and of course mods/admins welcome to edit. I think it would be useful to include next to each step, and how Oxford United supporters can help along the way.

If this thread isn't helpful or possible at this stage - mods feel free to delete.
Thanks vm- what would be very useful for a non- planning person (like me) would be to understand what the potential obstacles are now. Am I right in thinking that today is essentially an amber light? So we can proceed to full planning etc., but success is not guaranteed? Am I also correct to assume that, given the directive OCC has now given, it is unlikely now to break down in planning. But not impossible. And final question (for now) how long does planning normally take?- i.e. when might we see building work start? Summer 2024? Thanks.

how does the old song go? .... we're Oxford, United, we'll never be defeated ;)

Steps
1: OUFC provide OCC details on how they will address issues such as maintaining greenbelt and community benefits.
2:
3:
4:
5: Oxford United begin building the new stadium
Let's hope @MJB @Colin B and the other knowledgable planning guys can help us understand. Thanks @OxfordYankee

Is anyone on here able to help fill in the gaps of where we go from here? It seems the first step is Oxford makes a proposal to the council.

Is it as simple as....

Board submits proposal = council agree = we get planning permission = we start building the stadium?

Back
Top Bottom