Tips and potential winners

A good financial advisor would assess all of your finances and needs.
So for instance paying off credit cards, loans and debt, overpaying your mortgage etc should probably be higher priority than punting in individual stocks and shares.
Also I see many of your choices are investment trusts, where the fund manager chooses the underlying stocks to invest in.
I agree for someone with no experience they may feel they need to pay for someone to advise them.
I come from a banking background but realise that bank deposits are the last place on earth to leave money, apart from a balance for day to day needs.
I can’t believe the interest rates charged by some of the credit card companies, s9me charging 50% but at least that’s better than they were. Mortgages are at record low rates of interest, but I’d agree it’s best to be rid of that commitment when possible.
Investment trusts I feel are a very good way forward, as they often pay nice dividends unless the investor wants growth of price. The great thing is they can be drip fed enabling purchases when the price drops with capital growth.
As is often mentioned by advisors never invest what you can’t afford to lose and aim for long term growth.

Looks like something maybe going on with Nightcap, Freetrade punters reporting issues with buying and selling.

I wish I was in on that. But as the saying goes don’t buy unless you can afford to lose it. Until cash flow improves a bit I’ll leave what’s invested in and when I have more then I’ll put in

Seeing the price dip to 30.32 I thought I'd have a dip in the pool. Placed order and to my astonishment price on the sale was 34! Above even the high of this morning. How to lose money without trying! Not happy and have raised the issue with Freetrade. Some fluctuation is acceptable but not this.

Had a look at the LSE site, shows a whole raft of trades about the same time as mine all priced at 34. Some trader has made a tidy profit there. Tough luck on us "small" time players.

It can be tough doing small deals. I’m hoping Byotrol will touch 10 or 11 soon in which case I’ll be out. I’ve got 20000 but would rather move it into builders soon

Tilray (cannabis oil) in the States is gaining momentum in the pre-opening market.

We’ll never win them all.

Going to miss out far more often than getting a hit.

On a slightly more comforting note, my Cobra Resources have now started to move - up 24% this morning 🙂

That sounds positive. I’m waiting for IAG to rise on positive news about lockdown nearing its end.
I fancy another go at Kingswood KWG but this time it’ll be longer term.
One I would really be interested in at the moment is Taylor Wimpey...I think they’ll be rising around 25% between now and 2/3 when results are released. They’re also expected to hand out a decent dividend

That sounds positive. I’m waiting for IAG to rise on positive news about lockdown nearing its end.
I fancy another go at Kingswood KWG but this time it’ll be longer term.
One I would really be interested in at the moment is Taylor Wimpey...I think they’ll be rising around 25% between now and 2/3 when results are released. They’re also expected to hand out a decent dividend

I‘m still watching TW, but looking at the charts from since mid November the price seems to find support @ around £1.50. So I am monitoring more closely now and will finally go in on the next retrace back to this sort of level, assuming it does of course. 🙈

I’ve been in and out of this one a few times.
Redrow is the one the press tip every so often and always seems to rise on recommendations. The secret is to buy before they do

If you’ve got them it is.
I will have to wait a while to find another good one
Took the plunge yesterday. Some b****r took a raft of us for a ridiculous price of 34 which was above even the highest price of the day. Felt really stupid until this morning when the price went up. Now holding 882 with about 8.5% profit. :)

Back
Top Bottom