Tips and potential winners

With Taylor Wimpey dropping today now could be good to get in

Looking at the charts there is some serious dark cloud cover hear, so I’m still holding off and will see if we get confirmation tomorrow.

Another dip tomorrow towards the recent floor and I’ll probably jump in 😉

Looking at the charts there is some serious dark cloud cover hear, so I’m still holding off and will see if we get confirmation tomorrow.

Another dip tomorrow towards the recent floor and I’ll probably jump in 😉
That makes two of us. Not sure the price will much below £1.60 though.

Jeez I got 8 shares at $6 and sold at $10... If only if waited!
We should have both waited! It's up again after hours. $72 And, expected to climb even higher! Pundits are listing the cannabis oils as future stocks to have as the industry is expanding.

I’d like TW but will have to wait for IAG to move higher...hopefully not much longer

I’d like TW but will have to wait for IAG to move higher...hopefully not much longer

IAG is a difficult one for me to gauge at the moment.

I was in and out of this last year when it was very volatile and they had the rights issue etc, but seems to have settled down.

Problem I have with this share is that I see it as not being so dependant on the positive impact of the U.K. vaccine roll out but more on how the rest of the world are doing. Until the rest of the countries in the world are well on with their own program and these emerging variants are more understood, travel will continue to be high restricted.

IAG is a difficult one for me to gauge at the moment.

I was in and out of this last year when it was very volatile and they had the rights issue etc, but seems to have settled down.

Problem I have with this share is that I see it as not being so dependant on the positive impact of the U.K. vaccine roll out but more on how the rest of the world are doing. Until the rest of the countries in the world are well on with their own program and these emerging variants are more understood, travel will continue to be high restricted.
That is true. Optimism over the vaccines is filtering through. I intend to sell around the 200p mark. TW hopefully. It’s been a month since I last traded.

What do people read to get their news on stocks and trading?
I like the Daily Mail on Wednesday and Saturday. Then Mail on Sunday.
Also Daily Telegraph on Saturdays.
I read HL reports too, and occasional buy magazines on investment trusts. I owned four trusts with BMO that I pay in £350pm too.
I am due to collect my state pension next month when I’m 66....although not paid until two months after. I intend to subscribe to a new one, Baillie Gifford, under a new ISA

What do people read to get their news on stocks and trading?

I get quite a lot of info from the likes of Proactive Investor and Share Talk. Zac Mir (on sharetalk) also gives a daily charting commentary on a selection of “in the news shares”, which I enjoy watching.

Other than that I do internet searching and also look at the BB’s on lse.co.uk, but you have to be wary of many idiots on there and sort the wheat from the chaff. I generally use it to gauge market sentiment on shares that are either on topic or for general comments that may indicate people’s views/research on various shares. I then go off and do some back ground reading.

I also look at candlestick charts to add some help in investment timing but as always it is still a gamble and just a case of trying to improve the odds.

I should also add that I trade through Hargreaves Lansdown and there is a lot of info available there.

HL are good. Nice layout to show portfolio.
It doesn’t show all the smaller companies but then again there are other places to check.

I like the Daily Mail on Wednesday and Saturday. Then Mail on Sunday.
Also Daily Telegraph on Saturdays.
I read HL reports too, and occasional buy magazines on investment trusts. I owned four trusts with BMO that I pay in £350pm too.
I am due to collect my state pension next month when I’m 66....although not paid until two months after. I intend to subscribe to a new one, Baillie Gifford, under a new ISA
Have you owned many investment trusts in the last Peter and how have they performed?

Have you owned many investment trusts in the last Peter and how have they performed?
I hold most of mine through BMO
TR Property Investment Trust £4000
F and C Commercial Property Trust £3000
F and C Investment Trust £4000
F and C High Income £3000
They perform well and I get dividends on Commercial P every month and most months on the rest. I’m paying £350pm in to them. If I did receive any extra funds during the year I might top up the holding especially if the price has dropped a bit.

I have another ISA which is my dealing account with HL. I’ve got almost £10000 in CTY as well as BP, Byotrol and IAG.
Haven't done too much for six weeks or so, but hopefully I can move on the last two when the price has put me in profit.

I have missed out in the cannabis stocks. This morning I’ve come across FFWD which I like so I’m just monitoring it.

I should be back at work before long, and collect retirement pension from May, so hopefully I can set up another ISA for another £200pm maybe in Baillie Gifford. Thus far I’ve been cautious but a lawyer friend mentioned China or Far East so I might be tempted

Back
Top Bottom