National News Conservative Party

If I built a planet I would address the elephant in the room.

Over population.

Over-population is creating consumer demand purely to put numbers on spreadsheets and destroy natural resources.

This is not sustainable.....

View attachment 7388
Overpopulation is a proper "elephant in the room"

Nobody powerful seems to want to talk about one of if not the main issue

It's why I`ve always thought "core" public sector budgets should be set for far longer periods and taken away from being a political football, but that`ll never happen.

Maybe I`m a socio-conservative. :)

That has been a demand of Local Councils for decades. Sadly, none of the National Parties have obliged as they always want to add new priorities/requirements on Councils at local level.

That’s because this huge ponzi scheme we all live in would collapse without the young coming through and funding the older generation. Just imagine supporting state pensions, health and social care with a much smaller younger generation contributing significantly less taxes and national insurance.

Lets not get started on consumerism needed to drive the economy. Older generation spend far less on day to day crap, nights out and holidays.

No one wants to touch the issue with a barge pole.

I read an article somewhere, some time ago, that said in the future certain countries will be fighting over young immigrants because they were not producing enough children within their own population.

That’s because this huge ponzi scheme we all live in would collapse without the young coming through and funding the older generation. Just imagine supporting state pensions, health and social care with a much smaller younger generation contributing significantly less taxes and national insurance.

Lets not get started on consumerism needed to drive the economy. Older generation spend far less on day to day crap, nights out and holidays.

I read an article somewhere, some time ago, that said in the future certain countries will be fighting over young immigrants because they were not producing enough children within their own population.
Japan's like this. Ageing population combined with some underlying xenophobic aspects to their culture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aging_of_Japan
It makes the political discussion about encouraging young immigrants a pretty charged one.

I actually agree with you on the majority of this. There is certainly a lot of "unspoken realities" in politics.

Not 100% true. As I've pointed out before David Attenborough has been big on this for a while.

Not 100% true. As I've pointed out before David Attenborough has been big on this for a while.

The main dialogue around climate change isn't around overpopulation, whereas its a major factor which isn't often talked about is the point i was making.

I'm not saying no one at all has raised it. Attenborough is great, a true legend.

It's a shame its not towards the top of the agenda or barely mentioned at COP26.
They seem to be having "fuel" days, "finance" days etc etc maybe there is a "population" day?
It was asked but it seems it isn`t an explicit aim.

Can`t stop the consumerist train.........................

It's a shame its not towards the top of the agenda or barely mentioned at COP26.
They seem to be having "fuel" days, "finance" days etc etc maybe there is a "population" day?
It was asked but it seems it isn`t an explicit aim.

Can`t stop the consumerist train.........................

My Lords, population growth is clearly an issue, but the bigger factor by far is consumption levels 🤔🤔🤔.

Hmmmm, I wonder what also contributes to consumption levels.

And the latest news they squeeze through the end of the triple lock on pensions, despite the effect it will have on those dependent on the state pension to heat and eat.
And Sir Geoffrey Cox known for his arrogance and talking down to people votes 8n favour.
Despite getting £900000pa as a lawyer he finds time to bleep yes to end the lock. Three line whip.
Charming

Imagine being that embarrassed at losing an argument over privilege (you try and call someone out for the school they went to (calling them a "public school posh boy f*ck wit”, which happens to have been the one you sent your daughters to, yes the same daughters you subsequently employed in your office at great taxpayers expense) that you try and use your position as Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to try and get the person fired from their job at a Radio Station.

Bit of a difference between a temporary £20 uplift and a career as, lets say a doctor, where you have to be "practicing"?

I`m fully in favour of all consultancy or similar roles that might cause a conflict of interest being stopped BTW.

Labour's proposal (which is more stringent than Johnson's weak proposal) made allowance for Doctors etc so that would be irrelevant as nobody has suggested stopping Doctors etc as far as I'm aware. And £20 for plenty of those on Universal Credit will be the difference between having food & heat or having to choose between food and heat*, the MP will still be able to have both on an MP salary.

Especially with the price rises in energy.

Last edited:
Bit of a difference between a temporary £20 uplift and a career as, lets say a doctor, where you have to be "practicing"?

I`m fully in favour of all consultancy or similar roles that might cause a conflict of interest being stopped BTW.
I think the point being made has just hit a satellite above Leicester.

Labour's proposal (which is more stringent than Johnson's weak proposal) made allowance for Doctors etc so that would be irrelevant as nobody has suggested stopping Doctors etc as far as I'm aware. And £20 for plenty of those on Universal Credit will be the difference between having food & heat or having to choose between food and heat*, the MP will still be able to have both on an MP salary.

Especially with the price rises in energy.

If you give people free money they will always kick up when it stops.
IIRC the taper rate for UC was reduced from 63p to 55p and the work allowance was increased by £500 per annum.
So a good portion of those working and receiving UC won`t be worse off.

Those who aren`t working could well be worse off - however there is an answer to that for many of them. 🤷‍♀️

IIRC the taper rate for UC was reduced from 63p to 55p and the work allowance was increased by £500 per annum.

Those who aren`t working could well be worse off - however there is an answer to that for many of them. 🤷‍♀️
I’m saddened to read your comment Essex,
Speaking from experience, to say that those not working are there by design, is a massive over simplication and in my opinion,very inhuman.

But you have defended this Govt giving their mates and Tory Donors 'free money'. And I'd hardly call that £20 'free money' if without it you have to choose between heating and food.

Back
Top Bottom