Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very odd call to suggest Henry goes. Admittedly at the back end of his career but in the opening month of the season he’s been nominated for player of the month across the division. Not sure where the signs are that he’s declining? The comment around physicality is misguided too. Let’s put 3 battering rams in there and see how many chances we create. It’s all about balance!! He’s one of the most dangerous players at this level in the form he’s been in… Who cares if he skipped a few veggies growing up. If we let him go, a promotion rival picks him up instantly.
A dynamic and skillful McGuane or Kane are hardly battering rams but both arguably are better suited to the physical aspect of the game, hardly advocating a "battering ram" instead.

Very odd call to suggest Henry goes. Admittedly at the back end of his career but in the opening month of the season he’s been nominated for player of the month across the division. Not sure where the signs are that he’s declining? The comment around physicality is misguided too. Let’s put 3 battering rams in there and see how many chances we create. It’s all about balance!! He’s one of the most dangerous players at this level in the form he’s been in… Who cares if he skipped a few veggies growing up. If we let him go, a promotion rival picks him up instantly.
James Henry could easily play three more years at a good level. We may of course decide we dont want to spend the money on him any more, or someone else might offer him a longer contract than we would want to.

I dont really know the young players but Goodrham looked very good against City, I thought.

Could the money be then be spent on/towards a player with league1/championship experience and proven

Are you geneuinely advocating that we release Tyler Goodrham in order to fund a proven league 1/championship player? How much do you think we're paying the kid??

We could release the whole of the under 21's/18's squads and barely touch the wages that players like Herbie Kane are on. It is insane to think that we would put all the time and money that we've done into the youth set up at the club only to let them go so that we could bring a first team player in. Everything has been invested to bring the likes of Goodrham, Johnson, O'Donker, Nosakhare, Elechei, Spasov and LCP through to the first team and beyond.

Not all will make it, and some will be released. But that decision will be made on footballing issues, and not because of finances.

Are you geneuinely advocating that we release Tyler Goodrham in order to fund a proven league 1/championship player? How much do you think we're paying the kid??

We could release the whole of the under 21's/18's squads and barely touch the wages that players like Herbie Kane are on. It is insane to think that we would put all the time and money that we've done into the youth set up at the club only to let them go so that we could bring a first team player in. Everything has been invested to bring the likes of Goodrham, Johnson, O'Donker, Nosakhare, Elechei, Spasov and LCP through to the first team and beyond.

Not all will make it, and some will be released. But that decision will be made on footballing issues, and not because of finances.
That is a list of talented and potentially very exciting youngsters. I’m particularly impressed with LCP and I thought Nosakhare looked promising in his recent appearance.

I'm as excited for the youth and players like Kane and McGuane as anyone else, but in any team you need the guys like Henry who have been there and done it. Young players could learn a lot from his composure and decision making.

It's difficult to say 100% who I would offer new contracts to without knowing what league we'll be in, but some are incredibly easy renewal decisions.

Agyei - Offer a 2+1 and hope. I don't think the issues with Agyei are as bad as they're displayed on here, but if another L1 club offers him the number 9 shirt and regular starts he may just take it. His big advantage with us is Taylor isn't getting any younger so possibly he sees himself taking that spot one day soon.

Bodin - Depends purely on his fitness. If he manages 25-30 odd appearances this year then offer him another year. If he spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch let him go.

LCP - Has an option of another year that we should 100% take - and potentially after activating start thinking about another 1+1 deal. The lad's got real talent.

Elechi - Still only 19 so doesn't affect the squad cap and I still think there's something in there. I'd offer a 1 year contract, but if we go up I can't see him challenging for a spot in the Championship so it might be better to let him move on to get regular games.

Forde - Probably the trickiest one. A really good utility player - but not exceptional in any of the positions he plays at this level. If we're in L1 next year I'd give him another year, but wouldn't be too upset if he moved on for more regular football.

Goodrham - Easiest decision on the list for me. He's got a year option, activate that then immediately look at offering another year on top of that with an option of another. This lad looks special and I think the only thing that will stop him making the first team is if someone above us snatches him up first.

Gorrin - Offer 2 year contract. Easy one.

Hanson - Unfortunately it's not worked out at all for Hanson. Let him go so he can try and make a career for himself in L2.

Henry - Doesn't matter what league we're in, Henry has to stay. 50 goals in under 200 games and still a huge influence on our team. Offer a 1+1 and if he wants to get into coaching let him follow the Mous path too. Brilliant player who we've been lucky to have with us for 5 years, and hopefully more to come.

Moore - I really fear Moore will delay to see what league we're in and if we don't go up he'll move on. Hopefully we can strike a deal with him where if he signs an extension and we don't go up, there's a release clause of 7 figures. Off a 2 year deal and pray he signs.

Spasov - Looked like a real prospect but injuries have been an issue and he's not progressed at the rate I'd have hoped. Get him out on loan and see how he does, if he looks good offer a 1+1, if not let him go.

Sykes - Started the season brilliantly and I think he's starting to find some consistency too. Final product hopefully will come now he's got that crucial first goal. Offer a 3 year deal.

Winnall - I've been less critical than most of Winnall, but I just don't think he's up to the standard of a promotion chasing L1 club so we have to let him go. A big wage that can be given to someone younger, fitter and more clinical.

Loanees - pretty sure we have options on Holland and Thornily. Thornily is a 100% sign on a perm if we do, Holland I'm yet to be convinced. Whyte and Kane if we have the chance to sign we should but I think it's probably unlikely unless we go up this year.

Tldr:
Offer contracts - Agyei, LCP, Goodrham, Gorrin, Henry, Moore, Sykes, Thornily
Maybes - Bodin, Elechi, Forde, Spasov, Holland
Let go - Hanson, Winnall

If you read this forum you realise that promising young players who are on a pittance and have barely begun there careers should be let go to bring in a top league one player and that Kane, Sterling, Walker etc are all s**t at football and Southgate is clueless. For a football forum this place doesn’t half attract some people who don’t know much about football.

A dynamic and skillful McGuane or Kane are hardly battering rams but both arguably are better suited to the physical aspect of the game, hardly advocating a "battering ram" instead.
Understand what you’re saying but we’ve seen precious little of either of those players yet so to cast aside someone who has produced consistently for us is bound to be an unpopular opinion. They might have all the credentials in the world… But we can’t say we’ve seen anything yet.

I think you also have to keep character in mind when making this decision. Fans are restricted to just seeing their strengths on the pitch but I can imagine having someone in the squad who has been where we and a number of our younger players want to go is invaluable.

Maybe he’s been using some of his own product - might explain his recent energetic performances. I wonder how Whingy will react, arm around the shoulder or hairdryer treatment?

Not only does the article you apparently got this little gem from say NOTHING about transfers being "off the agenda", you're simply referring to James Roberts' opinion on what KR might possibly be thinking. I quote: "With deadline day creeping closer, Wednesday's game may have been all Robinson needed to convince him he has enough numbers in the heart of defence." Unless, of course, you were chatting with Karl at the local KFC.
Funny enough, about to see if one James Roberts has improved or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom