Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, though isn't that the justification used by the PL for B teams in the Football League?

It'll be one but they do the same as us now in loaning out players to FL clubs so that one is somewhat undermined.

The least the PL could do is improve financial incentives to encourage PL U21/23 football to be competitive. Coaches could do their bit by upping the intensity and physicality of the games rather than often slow, tippy tappy football.

Right - if he’s not needed who’s our reserve left back then?
Strongly suspect there is a recall clause so he can be back with us within 24 hours if we really need him. He got run ragged at Cambridge so I can’t imagine KR views him as a serious option for us anyway.

I think Thorniley goes their first off, then Long. A lot needs to go wrong before Elechi even gets a sniff. Loan makes sense for all.

Right - if he’s not needed who’s our reserve left back then?
So you move our only proper RB to LB, then have our current problem again on the right.

So, ending up with neither right or left full back being a recognised player in that position.

Our squad is so top heavy it's unbelievable.

So you move our only proper RB to LB, then have our current problem again on the right.

So, ending up with neither right or left full back being a recognised player in that position.

Our squad is so top heavy it's unbelievable.

Me, no. Robinson. That’s a different question.

Strongly suspect there is a recall clause so he can be back with us within 24 hours if we really need him. He got run ragged at Cambridge so I can’t imagine KR views him as a serious option for us anyway.

I think Thorniley goes their first off, then Long. A lot needs to go wrong before Elechi even gets a sniff. Loan makes sense for all.
Both Woking and Oxford City have been options for loaning out potential first team youth players, why so lower a team in this case. I don't think kr sees elechi as a potential first team player at the moment, after the Cambridge game, but it is good for these players to get valuable game time and be seen playing. It helped the two players who were on loan at Woking previously, who are now permanent there.

I think that we tried quite hard to get him.
Quite a few on here suggested he wasn't what we needed.
I’m sure that the messaging we get isn’t always totally straight! Which is fine. If as you say we just missed signing a good player the club will put out a positive message about it. I think Dan and Sam have till Christmas and if neither looks useful someone else will come in.
Edit - plenty here were against bringing another striker in , preferring to give Dan a chance

Last edited:
Both Woking and Oxford City have been options for loaning out potential first team youth players, why so lower a team in this case. I don't think kr sees elechi as a potential first team player at the moment, after the Cambridge game, but it is good for these players to get valuable game time and be seen playing. It helped the two players who were on loan at Woking previously, who are now permanent there.
Michael Elechi is going to a side in the same league as Oxford City so I'm not sure why you're questioning a lower level club? Also Woking are 6th in the Conference with a game in hand, so it would be difficult for an 18 and 19 year old to get the games both need to progress.

I know that your default position is to be negative about every young player that ever comes through the club, but I think that both these moves have been pitched right to get minutes on the pitch and to hopefully allow the players to push on.

Michael Elechi is going to a side in the same league as Oxford City so I'm not sure why you're questioning a lower level club? Also Woking are 6th in the Conference with a game in hand, so it would be difficult for an 18 and 19 year old to get the games both need to progress.

I know that your default position is to be negative about every young player that ever comes through the club, but I think that both these moves have been pitched right to get minutes on the pitch and to hopefully allow the players to push on.

Until you hear about the broken promises locally when it comes to youngsters joining on loan..

Still KR is KR

I’m sure that the messaging we get isn’t always totally straight! Which is fine. If as you say we just missed signing a good player the club will put out a positive message about it. I think Dan and Sam have till Christmas and if neither looks useful someone else will come in.
Edit - plenty here were against bringing another striker in , preferring to give Dan a chance
I seem to remember that many were actually in favour of getting another striker, but not necessarily Harrison - whose stats are awful. That included me, and (since one swallow doesn't yet make a summer) three goals in the tin pot trophy hasn't immediately changed my mind.

The problem with trying to bring in an in-form striker in January is that it is going to be impossible to do (at least for any reasonable amount of money). Those available in January will be those who are misfiring. Wonder if anyone would like one of ours?

So next summer if my memory is correct winnall is out of contract but we have a year’s option on him and agyei is out of contract but according to KR he wants to give him a new contract so realistically we could still have the same three we got this season next season unless of course we don’t trigger winnall extra year and agyei doesn’t get a new deal

So next summer if my memory is correct winnall is out of contract but we have a year’s option on him and agyei is out of contract but according to KR he wants to give him a new contract so realistically we could still have the same three we got this season next season unless of course we don’t trigger winnall extra year and agyei doesn’t get a new deal
No way will Winnall get an extra year unless a miracle occurs and his form/fitnessgoes back to how he was 5 seasons ago !@

If I was Dan Agyei and I was offered anything similar to a new contract from us by another club, I’d be off. He needs to play first team football at his age.

If I was Dan Agyei and I was offered anything similar to a new contract from us by another club, I’d be off. He needs to play first team football at his age.
I think you know as well as I do that the new contract talk is about being able to say that he was the one who walked.

Only Lofthouse is permanent there.

Napa signed permanently at back end of March, then got injured, missed April and came back for the final 5 games of the season.
Released in the summer and has since dropped 3 levels to play for Maldon & Tiptree in the Isthmian League North Division (Step 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom