Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a few clubs which are not selling clubs? I am guessing apart from the elite of world football you will struggle.

We sell players because we have to, that will never change, easier just to get used to that and get on with your life than stress about the inevitable.

Bruce Lee once said it’s better to be strong like the Reed grass than the mighty Oak tree, I think that’s very pertinent at this moment so I will leave it for you all to ponder on.
Yeah no idea what you mean but I like it!

The sale of Atkinson was always going to happen, yes it's a shame but that's where we are, we have to sell at least one player a year it seems. At least it's happened early and we can now plan without him.

Please let's stop all this bitching on here, and let's all support our team not constantly snipe at each other.

At least we still have our beloved team to support. COYY!

TBH it's common sense, if you sell your best players then you cannot expect to become a championship side in the mould of Brentford. Equally, if a club relies on loans so much, selling their best players every pre-season at the end of each season the squad fragments and you have to start all over again.
This season is already heading that way, with a new board that sadly doesn't seem to want to reverse that, and potential crocks, Bodin, already making their way in through the door.
Top post mellow yellow and spot on.

I hope Atkinson gets to play at city and not end up like Whyte it’s all well and good chasing the money but he needs to be playing regular football not bench warning but good luck to the lad

I've heard as soon as Bristol City were reported interested in Atkinson he asked the club to accept a reasonable offer. We will see wether the timing is right for him to move on and wether Bristol are a club that he can progress further up the pyramid. Can't blame the club for selling when a player wants the move. Now let's go spend some of that money on some decent additions.

With his height too he could be a really good asset... Let's just hope he can defend!
Height? That's actually one thing I'm thinking we'll miss most from Atkinson - some games last season we caused havoc from set pieces with him and Moore. McNally is a good 3-4 inches shorter than Rob. He's not as tall as him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom