Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked us to sign him, if I’m honest. A lot of experience for such a young player. Can’t see him coming here to play second fiddle.

Is this a case of not prepared to wait for first choice so move on to second quickly so as not to miss both. KR was pilloried last year for hanging on too long so has maybe learned from that.

Kayden Jackson is available from Ipswich. Always thought that he'd be a better option than Harrison if we're looking for an alternative to Taylor. Also played locally for S***don and Oxford City. Still aged 27 (good age for a Striker). Suspect we're no longer looking at forwards though and that we'll use the last two spots for a defender, and a midfielder.

Kayden Jackson is available from Ipswich. Always thought that he'd be a better option than Harrison if we're looking for an alternative to Taylor. Also played locally for S***don and Oxford City. Still aged 27 (good age for a Striker). Suspect we're no longer looking at forwards though and that we'll use the last two spots for a defender, and a midfielder.

As it stands we don't have two spots for Over 21s based on the numbers in the building. Players being left unregistered is the way to free up space - Hanson and Osei-Yaw being top of the list you would think.

Alternatively, sign U21s.

I remember noticing him in the 'rain' game. As you say we don't really need another forward, nice though a big guy would be.

The main question is.. Are we more capable of defending in all thirds of the pitch?

Other sub questions include...

Does seddon close down and prevent crosses better than JR?

Can our fullbacks cover the necessary ground to get us up the pitch and offer at outlet and overload?

Can our centre backs stay strong and organised against physical opposition?

Is our midfield capable of picking up a good percentage of the 2nd balls against better opposition?

Can our wide men be narrow and physically involved when it gets tough?

Are Taylor, Agyei and Winnal capable of man handling center backs at this level??

We also need to remember that Cameron Brannagan missed a large part of the season with his eye issue. Whether he's in a more forward role or defensive midfield role, he puts more of a shift in than most. I couldn't believe his commitment and willingness put himself about in the closing stages of last season. He was really missed before January and we will be a lot stronger defensively with scrapping in the midfield.

The main question is.. Are we more capable of defending in all thirds of the pitch?

Other sub questions include...

Does seddon close down and prevent crosses better than JR?

Can our fullbacks cover the necessary ground to get us up the pitch and offer at outlet and overload?

Can our centre backs stay strong and organised against physical opposition?

Is our midfield capable of picking up a good percentage of the 2nd balls against better opposition?

Can our wide men be narrow and physically involved when it gets tough?

Are Taylor, Agyei and Winnal capable of man handling center backs at this level??
Yes.

Is that the lad that stamped or kicked Dickie and got sent off at Portman Road…

I thought it was. He looked quite lively in that game at times. A bit raw, but young and has time to get better. Not sure if he’s what we are looking for though.

Definitely our midfielders need to produce the end product this year, last season minimum Henry who got 7 who played right wing in the 1st half of the season (Brannagan, Forde, Gorrin only got 1 each) (Sykes McGuane Kelly, Hanson didn’t even score) 3 goals from midfield is pretty shocking players like Brannagan McGuane & Sykes need to step up this season these 3 players should be capable & targeting getting 20 goals between them 6-7 each as a minimum then add Henry getting close to 10

Our Defence scored over 20 last season hopefully we can get close again this year Moore & Long are always a threat when they go up for corners & free kicks plus I think Seddon will chip in with a fair few over the season
Cam will score if he plays further up the pitch in his more natural role

Assuming everyone is fit then this is what I have down for the squad, with cover in brackets.

GK: Stevens (Eastwood)

LB: Sedden (Elechi, Thorniley)
CB: Moore, Thorniley (McNally, Mousinho, Nosakhare)
RB: Long (Forde, Hanson)

DM: Gorrin, Brannagan (Hanson, Johnson)
CM: McGuane, Brannagan, Henry, Sykes (Forde, Hanson, Chambers-Parillon, Goodrham)

LW: Holland, Bodin, Cooper (Osei-Yaw)
RW: Whyte, Williams, Agyei
CF: Taylor, Winnall (Agyei, Whyte, Osei-Yaw, O'Donkor)

I've probably got a few positions incorrect and the above isn't conclusive as you know certain positions can cover each other if needed, like Sykes or Henry out wide, or most of LW to adequately cover RW and vice versa, but it does seem the obvious place for reinforcements is at the back. Certainly no more wingers are needed.
The youth really aren't genuine cover, they need playing experience. We need division 1 standard players as replacements for injury. elechi, for example has made quite a few defensive errors in preseasons, and against Rovers KR kept calling him back into position when he got on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom