Sport Usyk

Fantastic boxer.

AJ met his match and got done. Like his career now. 2 loses, not good.

Have enjoyed AJ’s heart as a boxer but always thought he would have been completely outclassed by Fury. Think tonight probably added to that feeling - just far too static and lost to a far superior boxer tonight.

Last edited:
I remember Lennox Lewis losing a routine bout to Hashim Rahman many years ago. He was complacent and underprepared and promptly won the rematch. You could argue that AJ did that against Ruiz - a mere blip in Madison Square Garden and winning all his belts back at the first opportunity - but this loss may suggest that the level many thought he could reach is now no longer achievable.

He’s a nicer guy than Tyson Fury but it’s hard to find much evidence that he’s a better boxer.

Good on the Ukrainian fella. Hard to believe that’s something like his fourth fight at that weight.

I don’t think that Joshua has the chin or the heart when the chips are down.
He lacks the nous that only the very best fighters have.
You could see the fear in his face when Ruiz pegged him.
He has got a punch but can’t take one.
Good job he didn’t fight Wilder, or he would have been battered.

I don’t think that Joshua has the chin or the heart when the chips are down.
He lacks the nous that only the very best fighters have.
You could see the fear in his face when Ruiz pegged him.
He has got a punch but can’t take one.
Good job he didn’t fight Wilder, or he would have been battered.
Heavyweight standards have slipped. George Foreman would have KO'd the lot of 'em in one night.

Usyk should own the heavyweight division now, it's a joke these days, and he's the only one who can actually box.

Everyone has become obsessed with heavyweights being huge monsters, thinking that's the bee all and end all of being a top heavyweight, but Usyk has just proved what folly that theory is!

As for Fury, he's just a huge, clumsy, windmill puncher, with a big gob, and an absolute t**t, and Wilder is technically bloody awful!

Joshua might have a big heavy punch, but he's got a glass jaw, you've only got to look at him funny, and his legs are gone. I've seen tougher biscuits.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and in the 70's 80's and 90's against the true greats, these modern day "giants" would've been cannon fodder.

Loathes me to say it, but Fury is the best heavyweight boxer and has been for quite some time.
I think Fury would beat Usyk but he has to avoid the bombs of Wilder first and that will not be the cakewalk that some people imagine it to be.

As for Joshua, he will demand his rematch with Usyk but he is flawed as an opponent now (unlike the Ruiz situation), the outcome will be the same. He won’t beat Usyk.

Quite where all that will leave us as regards the heavyweight division, who knows.
Interesting times.

Loathes me to say it, but Fury is the best heavyweight boxer and has been for quite some time.
I think Fury would beat Usyk but he has to avoid the bombs of Wilder first and that will not be the cakewalk that some people imagine it to be.

As for Joshua, he will demand his rematch with Usyk but he is flawed as an opponent now (unlike the Ruiz situation), the outcome will be the same. He won’t beat Usyk.

Quite where all that will leave us as regards the heavyweight division, who knows.
Interesting times.
I agree that Fury is the best heavyweight and would probably beat Usyk. It would be an interesting watch though. If Fury can avoid a huge punch from Wilder surely he will win comfortably again?
Joshua just has to beat Usyk in the rematch. Unlikely but you just never know.

I had a look at this last night.

Usyk seemed like he had a plan, knew how he was going to carry it out and did so intelligently. Joshua appeared to be bemused by the whole thing. The better boxer won.

It shows how poor the heavyweight division has become, that useless lumps like Fury are considered to be the best!

Fury is anything but a lump - a very technical boxer despite his size.
Not sure he is a 'useless lump'
I reckon Fury is a bit underrated
He's a useless lump with a big gob, and it shows how poor the heavyweight division is, and has been for so long now, that he is considered the best, it's laughable.

In previous era's, when there were genuine heavyweight boxers, like Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis etc, he would've been an average sparring partner, at best.

Even Bruno would've beaten Fury with ease, and he had a jaw made of biscuits!

I can't stand Fury, he's a vile, big mouthed A*****e, and a fraud, and I'm praying Wilder destroys him, not that I'm a fan of Wilder, he's a big mouthed A*****e as well, and an even bigger fraud!

If that t**t goes his whole career undefeated, which is possible, given how poor the division is, it would be a travesty for heavyweight boxing, plus the world would never hear the end of it from the big "dosser"

Please, somebody, knock his massive f*****g head off his shoulders. I would, but I've got a bad back :ROFLMAO:

Interesting times.
Fury flew off his stool against Wilder. Put down a marker. Joshua did the opposite. He never got going and was a bitter disappointment. It was a rerun of Ruiz. Having said that he has a great heart, there is no doubt about that. Came up short, woefully short.

Joshua is too stiff and slow against top level opposition like Usyk, got picked apart. Nothing will change in the next year so the rematch will be pointless, better to move out of the way and let Fury (or Wilder) take on Usyk next and have a few matches to get some confidence back and work on a game plan for fighting against the better opponents.

He is actually younger than most of the rest of the best heavyweights so could take a year or two fighting a bit more regularly against slightly lower level fighters like Whyte and earn good money, work on his skills and then come back and regain a world title.

He's a useless lump with a big gob, and it shows how poor the heavyweight division is, and has been for so long now, that he is considered the best, it's laughable.

In previous era's, when there were genuine heavyweight boxers, like Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis etc, he would've been an average sparring partner, at best.

Even Bruno would've beaten Fury with ease, and he had a jaw made of biscuits!

I can't stand Fury, he's a vile, big mouthed A*****e, and a fraud, and I'm praying Wilder destroys him, not that I'm a fan of Wilder, he's a big mouthed A*****e as well, and an even bigger fraud!

If that t**t goes his whole career undefeated, which is possible, given how poor the division is, it would be a travesty for heavyweight boxing, plus the world would never hear the end of it from the big "dosser"

Please, somebody, knock his massive f*****g head off his shoulders. I would, but I've got a bad back :ROFLMAO:
No way would Bruno have beaten Fury easily.
I don't particularly Iike Fury, but in my view your comments are way off.

Joshua might have a big heavy punch, but he's got a glass jaw, you've only got to look at him funny, and his legs are gone. I've seen tougher biscuits.
Comments like this make me chuckle. Like you would stand a chance against Joshua in the ring. Joshua might not be the greatest but he has fought every mandatory that has come his way. Anyone who has the balls and guts to get in the ring, particularly at the highest level is tough.

Watching Fury box, it is clear that he is an extremely skilful and intelligent boxer.
His Hand speed, movement and all round ring craft is way up there with the very best. He is durable and, for a big guy, surprisingly light on his feet.
He may be a big ugly braggart and not someone who endears himself to everyone, but he is a fine boxer in my opinion.