National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Finally getting my second tomorrow, couple of hours ahead of the game! Not at the Kass but in Faringdon so going early to try and get away in time. Had to postpone the second as it clashed with a procedure involving anaesthetic. Apparently the two don't mix and 14 days either side is required. When I called in to book, I was informed that I had 'declined' the second. Took an eagle eyed receptionist to confirm that I hadn't and had added notes explaining why I had 'postponed' and not declined. Hey ho, all's well that ends well!

Down here in Dorset I know that most days there are loads of spare vaccines because certain groups are refusing it. They don't phone in to cancel but just don't turn up.
Consequently instead of leaving it unused they've been announcing that any age can come at short notice and get their jabs.

Down here in Dorset I know that most days there are loads of spare vaccines because certain groups are refusing it. They don't phone in to cancel but just don't turn up.
Consequently instead of leaving it unused they've been announcing that any age can come at short notice and get their jabs.
I don’t care if those twats get ill but I do care if they infect others and allow the virus to keep circulating and evolving. Lock ‘em up.

I don’t care if those twats get ill but I do care if they infect others and allow the virus to keep circulating and evolving. Lock ‘em up.
If I cancelled at short notice or let an appointment drop without telling my doctor I would get charged for a full check-up. Rightly so, too.

Second dose received just now - waiting to see whether the after effects are worse or less than last night!
had my second dose last sat .... effects of last night, for me, were definitely worse than those of the 2nd jab

2nd jab on Sat. Planning to play football on Sunday morning so hoping the 2nd has less of an effect!

I was informed that the second dose of AstraZeneca is less likely to cause side effects, Pfizer more likely.

• React
Reactions: m
I was informed that the second dose of AstraZeneca is less likely to cause side effects, Pfizer more likely.

I had minor side effects on the 2nd dose of AZ, not as bad as the 1st dose (not bad anyway) but I still wouldn't have wanted to play football with them.

I had minor side affects.......i grew a davey lamp on the side of my head.

Why would they book a vaccine if they were not going to turn up?

All sorted in Abingdon today. In and out in 20 minutes (had to sit down in a room for 15 mins after it). Don’t feel too bad, aching arm and a bit of a headache. Read Pfizer kicks a bit harder second time round. I guess we’ll what tomorrow brings.

fair play to those involved in town. They had it absolutely nailed, really good to see plenty of people getting their shot.

Due my 2nd Pfizer jab Saturday but hadn't heard anything so called my GP practice, and have been told they do not know whether they will be sent any vaccine to give out! Which is a bit of a rubbish situation!

Back
Top Bottom